Status
Not open for further replies.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Servers Exclusively 2fort, EU/NY (Mostly EU)

Time Zone GMT

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/54968694

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 474 hours

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No, please see last section of this app

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:54968694]" 0 "Obvious Aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
Hello!

So, some of you will know me, some of you won't. I will address the elephant in the room first. I have been an admin on Skial before, a few years ago. I was removed from my post by Bottiger. The removal was entirely justified, I became quite troublesome and could not let certain things go, pushing those things and annoying everyone around me and the administration team.

In reference to the question "will you get mad if you lose admin?" - the answer is genuinely no. I was a bit disheartened, sure, but I took it on the nose and looked for ways to improve my self on reflection of what just happened. I never "left" skial, though I did take a break from TF2 for a few months, and I remained friendly toward everyone.
In and amongst the above events, things happened to me in the real world, similar behaviour I had from Skial was happening outside. It was the moment I had a realisation that actually, something is wrong with me.

I went through some testing and have been officially diagnosed with autism, quite high on the spectrum. It can affect everyone in different ways, and the way that it affects me is pretty much everything I've described. Hyper-focus with hyper-intensity. It makes dealing with situations quite difficult, if you're unaware you have the problem or why you have a problem, as I was unaware before. What hyper-focus means is that when you find something you want to work on or don't agree with, it's all you can think about, it's all you can do, it's all you can focus on and coupled with the hyper-intensity, it makes you push the agenda hard.

Now that I have this official diagnosis and have been liaising with psychologists on "best working practices", my entire approach to life has changed and I find that I am able to actually control my self, where as before - as the phrase goes - I was like a dog with a bone. That is no longer the case.

I have been playing TF2 since roughly... 2008 I think? And TF2 has always been my "home game" that I come back to when all other games bore me. Lotus was my home community before it sank, then I moved to Skial. I don't play for 5 hours at a time, usually 30 minutes to an hour here and there so even though I am quite active, my hours won't be booming, however I am am avid forum checker - and am so happy that the forums got updated here, I'd probably end up tackling most of the reports.

While being an admin on both Lotus and Skial, I believe I have learned the necessary skills to conduct this role with ease, and I genuinely believe - issues aside - I made a good admin last time.
Since my full return, I have made a few reports. One was closed as I admit - I assumed the friendlying rule was the same as it used to be, after I read it and it still "existed" on the page. My other reports however have all been upheld.

I do wish to note on this application that I 100% acknowledge that I owe both Bottiger and Jermaphobe a deep and sincere apology for last times events. I am in no way using my "condition" as a shield, because that would be ethically wrong, but now I understand why I did what I did, I can ensure it will not happen again and I apologise if I (no question of "if") made your time here a bit more difficult than it needed to be.
It's also worth noting that I entirely understand if you wish to deny this outright - I would not hold it against you, though I know 100% that history won't repeat - it's a risk to you, I am sure.

If I were to be given a second chance, I am confident neither side (me or yourselves) would be disappointed. But once again, understand if you wish not to entertain this.

I'll end this here, but thank you for reading my life story and I wish you all the best :).

Polaris

Wicked Nasty Engineer
+1
Helped me out with somebody who threatened to come down from Poland to kill me and my family while we were asleep in a gruesome detailed way.
Really were a pillar of the community. Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Xantam

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You were pretty dilligent as an admin, you did go off the rails a bit, but the past is the past and admitting you fucked up is never easy, must have took some guts to make this post, so respect for that man.
As for autism, every fucker has autism nowadays it seems, must be something in the water..
I'd say you would be able to do the role, just not sure why you'd really want to if I'm honest.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
You were pretty dilligent as an admin, you did go off the rails a bit, but the past is the past and admitting you fucked up is never easy, must have took some guts to make this post, so respect for that man.
As for autism, every fucker has autism nowadays it seems, must be something in the water..
I'd say you would be able to do the role, just not sure why you'd really want to if I'm honest.
I think this is the nicest thing you've ever said to me sir, and I am keeping it :)

Reactions: Maddo

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
+1

Though, I should note you owe me no apology nor do I deserve one.
There's no sense sugar-coating this - I was pretty awful to you. You do deserve one in my book as I feel quite guilty about our history.

And I do appreciate you not holding that against me :)

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Hi Xantam. I've seen your name about in Skial. I didn't know to much of you ofc. Now that you have re-introduced yourself with your soul opening introduction, you've acknowledged percieved transgressions among our long time skial members. I appreciate your genuine and sincere honesty and that you took the time to take care of yourself first. Whether you liked it or not. I'm glad that thru your challenging journey, I'm 100% certain we have our own too, it is how you managed to navigate thru those difficulties. I'm happy for you Xantam and I wish you all the best in your endeavours from here on out wherever you are.

With that said Xantam.

+1

• Love
Reactions: Xantam

LjubicaZubica

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1

Very good admin skills, always helpful and trying his best. Friendly person, loved by many that are in tf2 for longer time.
Don't know what was happening behind closed doors, but on the server he was always fair play, calm and friendly.
I'm rooting :)

Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1

It also takes courage to acknowledge past wrongdoings, it can't have been easy posting this admin application. Great respect there and good luck!

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Not the reception I was expecting, but thank you everyone for your updootz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.