Status
Not open for further replies.

Wata

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Servers PAYLOAD+ | EU

Time Zone GMT +2

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ http://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/138153086

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. Played 464:10:00 (07:02:14 AFK)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No, i won't

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:138153086]" 0 "Obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
I will introduce myself, and tell a little story. I'm Watawaka, but you can call me Wata, I'm 25 years old, i'm a woman who live in PARIS, one of my favorite game is TF2, i played it a lot back in the days in 2013. Unfortunately, the bot crisis came soon enough, and i lost interest in the game, spending more time trying to kick them rather than playing made me quit the game for a very long time. But, since now 1 month, i come back on skial community server, since then, i play every day on one specific server PAYLOAD EU , And something magical happen, this is exactly what i was looking for, since many years, a server where i can play without bots or hackers, a server where every evening, a lot of players gather to enjoy the game or discussing, i made a lot of friends, veteran of Skial and new players alike, i added them in my friendlist, we greets every time one of us join, it is like a "big family" and i love that, when i started to play, i may have never stopped TF2 for so long. And i am very thankful, this is amazing. During my time on Skial, and i will continue playing no matter what, i saw some peoples being rude to each other, from salt to racial slurs, the bot who manage the chat is doing a good job, however, in the vocal chat.. things can be a little rude.. and i don't really like the fact that some players can ruin the experience of other with this kind of insults. I'm willing to help the server EU with an admin application. I like to solve problems with diplomacy, understand each sides and try to make the most fair judgement.

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Good app and I know you're active

I'm willing to help the server EU with an admin application. I like to solve problems with diplomacy, understand each sides and try to make the most fair judgement.
Making reports is also the way to help for starters, we cannot monitor every server so most moderation is reliant on players reporting

Reactions: Wata

Wata

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Good app and I know you're active

Making reports is also the way to help for starters, we cannot monitor every server so most moderation is reliant on players reporting
I understood and made several reports since. And i will keep going in the future

Reactions: gala

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I understood and made several reports since. And i will keep going in the future
Have you made several? Your account has made 2 reports, and your stats chat doesn't appear to show any !reports. What kind of trouble do you run into most often?

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Have you made several? Your account has made 2 reports, and your stats chat doesn't appear to show any !reports. What kind of trouble do you run into most often?
It isn't a hard requirement but a good indicator you are interested in helping

Wata

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I mean, i understood what gala told me, making reports is also a way to help admins, now i no more close my eyes on everything thinking : "i am powerless" but close my game and take the time i need to make a report on the forum, and as a proof of my will, i said i made "several" and by this yes, only 2 reports, but these are only the begining and will keep going watching over the chat and no more hesitate one second when something atrocious is being said in the chat. To answer your question, on PAYLOAD EU, i never (for now) met any cheaters, however the toxicity is a thing and things can get really dirty at 1 or 2 am (GMT) So i encounter a lot of insults and bad behavior text / vocal. And i try to make the difference between those who are angry temporarily, perhaps something frustrating happend or a really bad day ? But when i see someone everyday joining and everyday spreadings insults and being mean to everyone each time the person is online, i will make a report, same treatment for racism.

Chispo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Servers PAYLOAD+ | EU

Time Zone GMT +2

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ http://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/138153086

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. Played 464:10:00 (07:02:14 AFK)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No, i won't

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:254871213]" 0 "Obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
I will introduce myself, and tell a little story. I'm Watawaka, but you can call me Wata, I'm 25 years old, i'm a woman who live in PARIS, one of my favorite game is TF2, i played it a lot back in the days in 2013. Unfortunately, the bot crisis came soon enough, and i lost interest in the game, spending more time trying to kick them rather than playing made me quit the game for a very long time. But, since now 1 month, i come back on skial community server, since then, i play every day on one specific server PAYLOAD EU , And something magical happen, this is exactly what i was looking for, since many years, a server where i can play without bots or hackers, a server where every evening, a lot of players gather to enjoy the game or discussing, i made a lot of friends, veteran of Skial and new players alike, i added them in my friendlist, we greets every time one of us join, it is like a "big family" and i love that, when i started to play, i may have never stopped TF2 for so long. And i am very thankful, this is amazing. During my time on Skial, and i will continue playing no matter what, i saw some peoples being rude to each other, from salt to racial slurs, the bot who manage the chat is doing a good job, however, in the vocal chat.. things can be a little rude.. and i don't really like the fact that some players can ruin the experience of other with this kind of insults. I'm willing to help the server EU with an admin application. I like to solve problems with diplomacy, understand each sides and try to make the most fair judgement.
Wata is indeed a very active player and nice to be playing with or against, so i think that she will be a great admin. I wish you good luck with your admin application! :)

Last edited:

memos

Unremarkable User
+1 i approve, daily player in that server. an active server like that needs to have an admin like Wata. Always helps with questions, solves issues and just gives the server a positive vibe.

Cherno

Unremarkable User
+1 Good and fair player, always lovely to see some friendly face be a staff member, really helpful as well.

Dizzy Dee

Unremarkable User
+1 Would love Wata to become a staff member on Skial. She's a good player and a nice person, greets everyone she knows and is never salty, so far I've got only good vibes playing with or against her. I also saw her almost every time I played on the server so she's definitely going to be an active admin.

LoonaTM

Unremarkable User
I feel Wata would be a great addition to the staff. They're always extremely friendly and is very active. Knowing how active they are, I feel they'll be a perfect addition. Only ever had good experiences with them and the only time I've seen someone speak ill of them is when Wata is stomping them in game on a 40 kill streak xD. 10/10 would staff good

tobi1

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
+1 Kind and reasonable, understands the rules and never breaks them. Always happy to answer any questions or help out in whatever way she can. Undoubtedly cares about the experience and quality of the server, for both new and veteran players.
Woud love to see her become an admin. ^_^

FlowerBoi

Unremarkable User
+1 almost every time I'm on the server they're there, and most of the time spreading positivity amongst the players

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
EU is definitely in need of more staff as the majority run on US and even late-nighters like me have to shift their focus on the main US servers from those who try to cause trouble at night. I have a few questions though. So if you will I’d like some honest answers and to see how steadfast you are.

- - -

The admin job takes a lot of temperament, it also requires patience and maturity. For that reason, we have some expectations and hope you understand what it means to be one. Answer honestly, no pressure!

1. Do you feel you can handle a lot of pressure? Servers can be rowdy when placing your foot down. Do you think you can handle people being rowdy especially after doing your duties even if those disagree with it?

2. As an admin you will be granted many privileges, and abilities you can use to improve experiences and punish those who deserve them. Do you think you can use these powers responsibly?

3. During your time as admin, some days will be the best times you had playing this game, and some days will be a pain. Among the stuff you have to be willing to do, reprimanding friends are among them. Are you willing to go through with such duties?

4. Do you feel you can consistently remain active both in-game and within the community? The role is very lenient but even so, it still requires our duties to be done. Having staff who are around is good for morale and lightens the burden of work for your peers.

5. The title of admin comes with a burden and that is a general stigma against administrators, are you willing to take that burden?

Wata

TF2 Admin
Contributor
EU is definitely in need of more staff as the majority run on US and even late-nighters like me have to shift their focus on the main US servers from those who try to cause trouble at night. I have a few questions though. So if you will I’d like some honest answers and to see how steadfast you are.

- - -

The admin job takes a lot of temperament, it also requires patience and maturity. For that reason, we have some expectations and hope you understand what it means to be one. Answer honestly, no pressure!

1. Do you feel you can handle a lot of pressure? Servers can be rowdy when placing your foot down. Do you think you can handle people being rowdy especially after doing your duties even if those disagree with it?

2. As an admin you will be granted many privileges, and abilities you can use to improve experiences and punish those who deserve them. Do you think you can use these powers responsibly?

3. During your time as admin, some days will be the best times you had playing this game, and some days will be a pain. Among the stuff you have to be willing to do, reprimanding friends are among them. Are you willing to go through with such duties?

4. Do you feel you can consistently remain active both in-game and within the community? The role is very lenient but even so, it still requires our duties to be done. Having staff who are around is good for morale and lightens the burden of work for your peers.

5. The title of admin comes with a burden and that is a general stigma against administrators, are you willing to take that burden?

Hello Inferno, I will answer these questions honestly.

1. I can handle the pressure with ease. I already been administrator / moderator on other games with different communities, some gentle, other very unstable. I've been in many situations were a lot of people got angry by the simple fact of being punished for breaking rules. Every time, I took the time to write to each one of them, explaining why they got punished, staying calm in any situations trying to understand their side aswell. That's why, if someone disagree with my decision, I'm totally willing to talk with him as long as the person behave, to better understand his reasoning.

2. As I say, I am someone who try to make a fair judgement in every case, of course, I am not perfect and I will make mistakes and in this case I want the players or even other admins to notice it to me, I will take the time to read the case again, understand my mistake, apologize, and remake / lift my judgement. I want to use my powers to improve and help the server / community. I assure you I will not be using these powers for my own personal gain.

3. Even if I am playing with friends, if I see anyone of them breaking any rules, I will apply to them the exact same punishement as I would have done to any other players, being my friend does not mean you are above the rules.

4. I am almost online every day on the server during multiple hours. However for the forums and the discord i always keep an eye on them, if there is anyone who needs to ask a question or a ban appeal or anything else like reports, I am more than ready to help/solve them out.

5. I know what it feel when someone is mean to you just because you are an admin, I can totally take it without getting angry or mad. I simply ask them to calm down or chill, if they have any problems with me, i'm willing to ear them out and solve the problem.

If you have any other questions you want to ask me. Or simply discussing with me, I'm looking ahead for this and be glad to do so.

Reactions: Toxik

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Well said, I was initially a lot more professional with my initial draft but stripped it down to be more casual for the questions, so seeing you answer thoroughly is much appreciated.

Your responses are about what I was hoping for when it comes to my endorsement. My only current recommendations is to put in those reports and keep at it with the activity. As stated before reports give us a good idea of your judgement and how well you can handle punishments.

I have my hopes, your chat logs look good from what I looked through and your app is pretty solid. Keep at it!

You have my endorsement, show those improvements and I’m certain you’d make a fine admin. Good luck.

+1

Reactions: Wata

potatobuttcheek

Unremarkable User
+1 whenever I saw Wata playing I felt like she had a positive impact on the server, whether it was tf2 funzies or giving someone advice. I also run into her quite often while playing so having someone be as active as an admin is incredible.

ciggy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
+1 I frequent the EU Payload server and I see Wata there all the time. Very active and friendly player. I think she would be a great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.