thehowl5657

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Servers:
SAXTON HALE | US
Time Zone:
EST/ I'm pretty much active almost every day, there is no defined schedule on when I will or will not play.
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
720 hours between tf and tfcustom
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No. If I lose admin, there always will be a legitimate reason to have been removed as such.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:100258647]" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
I have been active on Skial for a good portion of my TF2 career, as far back as 2012. I am an established regular in the VSH community and many users have expressed their desire for me to apply for admin. I have admin experience from other games, and I have always enjoyed the personal challenge and responsibility required for it. Playing nearly everyday, it is quite upsetting to see rule breakers ruining the experience for others without an admin to deal with the situation, and I feel like I am active enough in game or at least on Steam/Discord to be able to deal with the issue rapidly. Overall, I see being an admin on Skial as an excellent way for me to give back to a community that has brought me so much joy.​

Feral Angel

Contributor
EDIT
I really do enjoy you being on the servers, however I don’t think you’re ready yet. So I am going to go with a

Here is my reasons:
Behavior is extremely hostile/toxic in my experience, especially being hateful toward specific players. Although I haven't been on recently, recent chat logs still confirm this general demeanor. You’ve even expressed before that you’ve wanted to ban one of our regulars for griefing simply because of how they play the game. I understand that you are passionate, but this type of consistent negativity does not set a good precedent. I do not feel comfortable at all with the idea of having someone like that as a staff member.

Regardless, if many users have expressed their desire for you to apply, I would encourage you have them support/justify your application. I am willing to change my stance if I see a drastic attitude adjustment.

Last edited:

Iris Ⓐ

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
+1

Too often I see individuals join the server and blatantly ignore the rules (friendlying, racism, etc) and the unfortunate reality is that users either don't care enough to vote them off or report them (not to plead innocence as I am often in that boat of lacking), and I think instating howl as an admin would greatly benefit that, as she is an established regular that has demonstrated an understanding of the rules, and I believe she has the capability to substitute her attitude for professionalism and perform the job of admin successfully and fairly.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
+1

Too often I see individuals join the server and blatantly ignore the rules (friendlying, racism, etc) and the unfortunate reality is that users either don't care enough to vote them off or report them (not to plead innocence as I am often in that boat of lacking), and I think instating howl as an admin would greatly benefit that, as she is an established regular that has demonstrated an understanding of the rules, and I believe she has the capability to substitute her attitude for professionalism and perform the job of admin successfully and fairly.

Not to detract from this app or your post, but if the bit above in red was corrected, we wouldn't have the need for extra admins, hmm?
It's all well and good saying this but you've made 0 reports, the solution isn't to get more admins, it's to get players reporting..

thehowl5657

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
EDIT
I really do enjoy you being on the servers, however I don’t think you’re ready yet. So I am going to go with a

Here is my reasons:
Behavior is extremely hostile/toxic in my experience, especially being hateful toward specific players. Although I haven't been on recently, recent chat logs still confirm this general demeanor. You’ve even expressed before that you’ve wanted to ban one of our regulars for griefing simply because of how they play the game. I understand that you are passionate, but this type of consistent negativity does not set a good precedent. I do not feel comfortable at all with the idea of having someone like that as a staff member.

Regardless, if many users have expressed their desire for you to apply, I would encourage you have them support/justify your application. I am willing to change my stance if I see a drastic attitude adjustment.

Thank you for the feedback! I actually do have to agree with some of your points, as I feel that perhaps I still do need a little more time to prove not only to the community, but to my self that I'd be good in this role. Maybe when I feel I am ready a few months down the line, I will try to apply again. I'm definitely hoping that I can use this as an opportunity to better myself. :)

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
+1

Friendlying is allowed in Trade/Idle