Status
Not open for further replies.

herrshaun

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Servers 2FORT | US, 2FORT | NY, 2FORT+ | US1, 2FORT+ | US2, 2FORT+ | US3, 2FORT+ NY

Time Zone EST

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/34399716

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 2292:12:49

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:34399716]" 0 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
I am a longtime user of Skial and have donated several times. I have gone by a number of different monikers over the years, but the "[STAG]" in my name has been a constant; most people who recognize me recognize me by this. I have come to truly appreciate this community for its friendly userbase and its strict adherance to a fair and effective ruleset. I have noticed lately that the report response times have been getting longer and not every report is being addressed. I understand that if there are only one or two people reading reports for a specific handful of servers, it can be a terrible strain for people who already have a lot of real-life obligations. Therefore I am hereby throwing my hat in the ring.

I have a work-at-home position that allows me to submit and read reports throughout the day between the appromiximate hours of 11 AM to 2 AM the next morning. I have been in a moderator/administrator role at various times over the last 20 years, ranging from media like Twitch and Discord to IRC. I have an unbiased approach towards moderation, and I do not ignore any incidents even if they involve someone I am relatively friendly with. That being said, I have the ability to understand and judge intent when it comes to very ambiguous cases (ie. if someone used a word or phrase that could be interpreted as racist, did they mean it that way, what is the context in the conversation, etc).

My chat log history is pretty varied and contains a fair share of trash talk and obnoxiousness, though anything I have said has been in line with the rules. As a person of 35 years I have no trouble keeping it professional. I realize Skial has an image to uphold.

I'm not sure how dire the admin situation really is for these servers, but if I'm needed, I'm there.

Reactions: The Cloptologist

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I have noticed lately that the report response times have been getting longer and not every report is being addressed.
Hi Herrshaun aka [STAG] The Robert Blake AF. Contrary to your comment, every report is being addressed. Albeit not every report can be reviewed right away with the admin's decision upon review, the skial community can be rest assured each file report are being dealt with as expeditiously as possible. And depending on the severity of the submitted file report ie. ( aimbot, doxxing threats...) will be expedited fairly quickly. Others within a day or 2 at most.
My chat log history is pretty varied and contains a fair share of trash talk and obnoxiousness
Be careful not to let your emotions (sudden knee jerk reactionary comments) ingame be the focus from other player's gaming behaviour as skial has disciplinary toolsets to deal with rule breakers. We just don't know if there are kids playing while we are ingame hence the aforementioned.

I have no trouble keeping it professional. I realize Skial has an image to uphold.

Correct. There are certain players who don't read rules and when those "certain" players get called out and/or disciplined because they deviated out of skial's ruleset that's on them. I find comments about skial via reddit as unfounded truths and/or a place to just to trash talk about our skial community.

As for reports, it would be useful to have a demo and/or context as to what transpired. Who were the individual(s) involved so as to have clarity for the necessary resolution to the conflict

2FORT | NY █████08/22/2023 - 04:07:50 PM🔗Renamedi heard literally political shit this whole game
2FORT | NY █████08/22/2023 - 04:09:18 PM🔗Booyahhey if micspam isn't allowed, why is he still micspamming? 🤔
2FORT | NY █████08/22/2023 - 04:16:55 PM🔗[STAG] The Real Robert Blakei reported robin but there is no admin on duty so it'll be a while

For now, I'm +/- 0 and I for one like to see you submit more reports when you see/hear of infractions. Thanks for interest in this important admin role.

Last edited:

herrshaun

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Thank you for your insight Praetorian. I will certainly keep it in mind.

The above example is kind of tongue in cheek, part of my warped sense of humor. In the line of duty I would certainly keep any emotions or anything that could be interpreted as such out of the situation.

Phantom 5.0

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
+1 I’ve know herrshaunn for years and feel they would make a great fit. As for the colorful language, I wouldn’t hold that against them. I’ve known admins in the past (myself included) that have spoken in such a manner and didn’t violate any rules. Admins are everyday people and shouldn’t be held to any standard as far as how they speak.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I would certainly keep any emotions or anything that could be interpreted as such out of the situation.

Chatlogs,

2FORT | US █████09/14/2023 - 04:12:07 PM🔗[STAG] The Real Robert Blake AFwow he did that 2 seconds after his bf was out of the room

Optically, how does your last statement look? Undoubtedly other players "trust" for our mods erode and our community rep too....

Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
From what I can see they seem to be highly active with good quality reports, which is excellent, but they also appear to need a little improvement in regards to their chat history.

I'm +/- 0 at the moment and may change this later on.

Reactions: herrshaun

gala

Contributor
I really don't think this matters

herrshaun

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Yeah so this is mainly just another example of my ironic sense of humor. Sometimes I over-commit to the bit but I am never serious. I understand this may be hard to tell over just text.

From what I can see they seem to be highly active with good quality reports, which is excellent, but they also appear to need a little improvement in regards to their chat history.

I'm +/- 0 at the moment and may change this later on.
I'm not sure if Bottiger actually needs new admins right now, but if he does then I'd gladly refrain from my usual tomfoolery and keep it more professional in chat.

Reactions: Ixel

OrphAnne

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1
Active, knowledgeable about rules and reports.

Don't give two shits about his perceived shit-talking. We all do it, especially with friends on the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.