D

DeadHerald

Whoa, DEFCON had an xpac? I might have to look into that. Aside from that, I own very few of those games. Getting achievement might be hard.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
"Are unlockers VAC bannable? No they are not. Firstly, the achievements unlockers ARE NOT EXPLOITS, they use a public API in the Source SDK which Valve has provided us with. They are not detected by VAC since they aren’t allowing players to cheat in any way."

Osprey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
"Are unlockers VAC bannable? No they are not. Firstly, the achievements unlockers ARE NOT EXPLOITS, they use a public API in the Source SDK which Valve has provided us with. They are not detected by VAC since they aren’t allowing players to cheat in any way."

On one hand, even if it's not explicit in the terms, it's common sense that you shouldn't be awarded achievements you didn't complete. On the other hand, Valve seems to always have people gaming the achievement system, and not punishing them.

Meiru

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Cool. But if I unlock an achievement on a game I don't have, will that get me vac banned?