• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

THEK

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Why the change in stats tracker?

HLStatsX was so good. Especially the way it could track your aliases on one screen. The new one is so basic in comparison.

THEK

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Couldn't we run the two systems side by side until the new one is feature complete?

Bottiger

Administrator
We did that already but now is the time time to switch. Hlstats dropped data all the time and occasionally stopped loading. The server also isn't free.

Unless there's huge demand for a certain feature, the current stats website is done. It has the most frequently used features.

Why does the player page need 5 or so names (was not complete in hlstats...) without clicking 1 button to be "complete"? For the people who don't care about the player's past aliases it is a waste of screen space. And if you want it all you have to do is click 1 button.

The hlstats point system was useless for measuring skill. It basically measured how long you played on the server.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheev_Palpatine

THEK

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
The hlstats point system was useless for measuring skill. It basically measured how long you played on the server.

That's kind of why I liked it :P

No worries then, if it's a bitch to keep running I can see why you'd want to just ditch it.

Bottiger

Administrator
Hlstats rank is meaningless, it gives an arbitrary number of points for each action.

Our custom ranking system is an actual measurement of skill: https://stats2.skial.com/rank/

We aren't putting in kd per name. I haven't heard of anyone finding it useful and it is very expensive in terms of resources For every kill, you need to search for the killer and record the kil there, then search for his current name and record the kill there, and then do the same for the player that died. That turns 1 log entry into 4 searches and 4 writes.

In the future session kd may be added. The data is already being recorded.