• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

1xx1

Unremarkable User
Hi everyone!

I'm just curious to know why some admins use the silent instant ban, especially on friendlies.

I played on other servers not skial, and I noticed that admins, before the ban, they slay the target, or kick it, or alert in the chat to not do it.

So....there are the questions:
1) what drives the admins of skial to instant-ban rather than kicking/slay or alerting by chat, !votemenu the people that doing friendly actions?
2) joining a random conga/kick with a group (I mean more than 3 people) of taunting people, means that I will be instant-banned?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1) what drives the admins of skial to instant-ban rather than kicking/slay or alerting by chat, !votemenu the people that doing friendly actions?

We're not required to give warnings so if we want to we could instantly silence or ban for rule breaking, not that we always jump to instant silences/bans.

But it boils down to different admins handling things differently as well as certain factors that come into play. If I know someone has been banned for friendlying before and they're back at it again, I'm just going to ban them without a warning since they know better.

If I know they have a history of offenses or if I know they've been around long enough to full well know that friendlying is bannable they're getting banned without a warning.

Beyond that I always prefer to give them a warning, if they refuse to listen I ban them. That's how I personally go about things generally speaking, other admins might not have as much patience with friendlies (not that I blame them considering most of the people friendlying don't listen to the warnings in the first place)

2) joining a random conga/kick with a group (I mean more than 3 people) of taunting people, means that I will be instant-banned?

As far as I assume most admins would give out at least one warning before giving out bans for group friendlying.

But if they want to they can go in bans blazing, but I don't think that's something any of the admins here would do without giving out at least one warning beforehand.

Reactions: Geoff and T-Wayne

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Yea. We are all different. I don't instant ban for friendlying, I prefer to use sm_psay (which is private chat) and ask the person(s) involved to stop. I repeat this 3 times, where the third is the final warning that I also mention. I usually take screenshots when I warn people, because I prefer treating the people with respect, but you never know the backlash you might get. Because the major opinion is that we are very strict. That is true but I think that most, if not all of us are fair to a certain degree.
I am aware that not alot of people have read our rules and I like to approach them with that point of view and try to teach them to do it better next time. I think an instant punishment does not warrant a great community, however none of us are expected to warn somebody. In the end it comes down to who you come across with.

I will go along with Meowcenary's reply above. To my knowledge there are always warnings.
But your question was a different one. My answer is the longer you do it, the more it is likely you will be punished for it. Congaing for idk 20 seconds is fine. But if I respawn 3x and see the same person do the same thing for 4 minutes. I'd say that is kick-/banworthy.

Hope I could help you.

Reactions: 1xx1

1xx1

Unremarkable User
But if they want to they can go in bans blazing, but I don't think that's something any of the admins here would do without giving out at least one warning beforehand.
So, as example: 2fort sewer, a group of 7 people taunting toghether and I join. An admin with bad mood can silently instant ban all the 7 people plus me?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So, as example: 2fort sewer, a group of 7 people taunting toghether and I join. An admin with bad mood can silently instant ban all the 7 people plus me?

Don't join them in the first place and you'll be fine.

But like I said any admin you run across likely wouldn't instaban 7 people without warning for friendlying. They could technically do it but that doesn't mean they will.

We also leave emotions at the door. If we have a bad day we aren't going to treat someone unfairly because of it.

There's days where I'm not in the mood for someone's shit but I still handle the situation like any other normal day

1xx1

Unremarkable User
Don't join them in the first place and you'll be fine.

But like I said any admin you run across likely wouldn't instaban 7 people without warning for friendlying. They could technically do it but that doesn't mean they will.

We also leave emotions at the door. If we have a bad day we aren't going to treat someone unfairly because of it.

There's days where I'm not in the mood for someone's shit but I still handle the situation like any other normal day
This is great to hear!

I have a last question before this topic can be closed.

Using the cloack and dagger hassle engineers, in order to distract them from their goal/sentries is a bannable action?

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
This is great to hear!

I have a last question before this topic can be closed.

Using the cloack and dagger hassle engineers, in order to distract them from their goal/sentries is a bannable action?

You mean like doing voice commands and getting their attention?
If you are doing it for the purpose of progressing, then that is allowed, not bannable.