• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

1xx1

Unremarkable User
1) As title, I want to know the rules about deathrun servers.

Because sometimes, I get alerted about not helping my team, and I don't know what this means.
And I see only the server rules, and I want a more complete infos about deathrun mode rules.

2) What is the definition of "fun" in dr maps for the skial community?

Is a silenced red team that get killed by traps and nothing else, or people that tries to dodge traps, trick unexperienced players into traps and people that waits with conga other people to die and go forward to the end safely?

3) In 2fort, sometimes I put a teleport at end of stairs, near the spawn, because for me is for better defense against the enemy team. Anyway someone tell me that is griefing.

Is this a real griefing situation?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't specialize in custom maps so I can't really follow up with DR questions but as for the last one, let me ask you something. What do you think are the benefits of putting a teleporter there? (I'm not being rude, I'd just like to know your opinion.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
It's obvious to anyone who played 2Fort long enough actually. Placing the teleporter at the steps forces the enemy to jump over it, hence slow him/them down drastically. I do it myself sometimes if I decide playing engineer. I'm just placing an entrance or exit to both ends of the stairs in the spawns yard. And I am placing a dispenser in the door in front of the spawn doors to the right which leads downwards to the intel room. It's just strategical, and I am surprised it is considered griefing for it is helping defend actually.
Number 3) is perfectly fine in my books.

2) is hard to answer, alot people sit in front of the "2-way doors" for minutes since noone wants to sacrifice. You can not always blame them because noone wants to die obviously. Fun and goofing is okay as long as people finish a map in reasonable time. I have yet to see someone getting kicked or banned for congaing their way to the exit...

1) I think it comes together with question 2) of yours. You are just kicking your taunt in one place, or are last and let the whole team wait or just camp in some corner/easteregg spot. Those are cases I feel are obviously refusing team help and therefore not finishing the map as it is intended. I wasn't there and I don't know what you did at the moment you received the message about "not helping your team" but I would guess you did anything else, just not finish the map ;)

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
All you have to do for deathrun is survive. As for things you shouldn't do, it's the same as every other server. No racism, homophobia, stuff like that. And no ghosting is also a rule(as far as I know). As for the whole "wasting time" thing, most maps have an AFK killer that will move forward in the map and kill anyone who gets caught by it. I think that's pretty much it.

1xx1

Unremarkable User
Thanks for the answers Renegade and T-Wayne, but I will wait the answers of the other moderators/admin if is can possible.

1xx1

Unremarkable User
T-wayne give to me all the informations I needed. It's possible to close the thread.