• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
Does anyone else get this problem where, let's say for an example. Two snipers shoot at the same time at each other which both are headshots, instead YOU die? Or for instance, you headshot someone and only blood splatter appears on their face, or you headshot someone and it magically bodyshots the "neck" or "shoulder".

Really does get annoying when I'm playing sniper mostly on the skial servers.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
When you see blood on the face it means that it was detected client side but the server did not register it as a hit. This is usually caused by lag, because what you see on your screen is not always accurate. When you both shoot at each other at what appears to be the same time, it just comes down to how fast your mouse sends info to your computer. At this point, it comes down to who has the higher polling rate, or who clicked that fraction of a second earlier. The bodyshot thing happens to me all the time, I suggest you make your crosshair a bit smaller and try to aim for the forehead area. I agree that hit reg is not the greatest, and hitboxes can be odd when trying to shoot someone from behind, but it's much better in this game then say, CS:GO.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When you see blood on the face it means that it was detected client side but the server did not register it as a hit. This is usually caused by lag, because what you see on your screen is not always accurate. When you both shoot at each other at what appears to be the same time, it just comes down to how fast your mouse sends info to your computer. At this point, it comes down to who has the higher polling rate, or who clicked that fraction of a second earlier. The bodyshot thing happens to me all the time, I suggest you make your crosshair a bit smaller and try to aim for the forehead area. I agree that hit reg is not the greatest, and hitboxes can be odd when trying to shoot someone from behind, but it's much better in this game then say, CS:GO.
And people try to say the hitreg in that game is good. OHOHOHOHO

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How bad was that? I never played MH.
Freedom Unite's hitboxes/hitreg were garbage. They still aren't perfect in the newer ones but much better. Plesioth was shit with them in every game it was in.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
Yeah I kinda figured CsGo hit regs were a lot worse than what tf2 had to offer. Obviously owning the game for 8 years (bought it) It just recently began degrading how I play sniper.

iSniper

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'd say what doesn't make sense to me about hit reg with sniper is that you can shoot another sniper yet miss by like 2cm, then somehow headshot a pyro who's completely hidden by the engie corner at upward first red spawn ( totally didn't do that ). I am getting better at sniper, but that confuses me the most when training in something like tr_walkway or skial servers.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
I'd say what doesn't make sense to me about hit reg with sniper is that you can shoot another sniper yet miss by like 2cm, then somehow headshot a pyro who's completely hidden by the engie corner at upward first red spawn ( totally didn't do that ). I am getting better at sniper, but that confuses me the most when training in something like tr_walkway or skial servers.

Yeah when it comes to me, I was a tendcy of trying to predict which way the player might move to and I miss a lot.

iSniper

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yeah when it comes to me, I was a tendcy of trying to predict which way the player might move to and I miss a lot.
Exactly. I'll try to play on a public server (e.g. skial) and I usually train on walkway. It's OBVIOUSLY easy to know where the bots go, but you can't predict someone with a mind of their own. I'm actually friends with Tseini and ae.cough, two great snipers, and Tseini told me you just have to have 3k hours on sniper, then you'll be pretty good.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
Exactly. I'll try to play on a public server (e.g. skial) and I usually train on walkway. It's OBVIOUSLY easy to know where the bots go, but you can't predict someone with a mind of their own. I'm actually friends with Tseini and ae.cough, two great snipers, and Tseini told me you just have to have 3k hours on sniper, then you'll be pretty good.

I'm friends with a person who went to UGC Gold, his name is Exia, Korean dude, very very good with sniper, almost impossible to kill. You'll only see him in the Ozfur servers, even though now that I began hating that server simply due to the poor management in mods and admins, now that Leon (owner) being the idiot he is, modded two big assholes and ruined the community, hence I never play on those servers.

iSniper

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm friends with a person who went to UGC Gold, his name is Exia, Korean dude, very very good with sniper, almost impossible to kill. You'll only see him in the Ozfur servers, even though now that I began hating that server simply due to the poor management in mods and admins, now that Leon (owner) being the idiot he is, modded two big assholes and ruined the community, hence I never play on those servers.
Welcome t' TF2, lass. Where those arsonistic maniacs spew fire 24/7, and occasionally you get stabbed a million times by something that wasn't medicine.

Last edited: