Cyril

Unremarkable User
I've been playing on Skial for a while now, and spawncamping has almost a constant issue. People set up sentries between the two spawn areas or inside their team's spawn which is a pain to combat, as there are usually other players playing as other classes such as demoman or soldier making it impossible to leave spawn. I realize that spawncamping is not against Skial's rules, however, it shouldn't be a problem as I believe it should be common decency to not spawncamp and ruin someone's time here on Skial, it makes no sense to me.
I would just like some form of way to prevent spawncampers, such as restricting sentry placements in spawn, or any other way this problem can be fixed.

~Cyril

StantoMacGuffin

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
The game already offers a pretty good countermeasure to spawn camping

The uber charge
things-that-blew-your-mind-when-you-were-a-kid-1-30991-1346448555-3_big.jpg

Cyril

Unremarkable User
Even Ubercharge doesn't help, most spawncampers are so persistent they will go out of their way to make sure that you do not leave spawn.
A recent camping issue was that there were two sentries between the two spawn areas, one person who was farming on the AFK slide (I had no problem with the person farming, just that it made it almost impossible to leave through the idler slide, still, not mad at them.) and numerous demomen that were sticky camping the main exit as well as phlog pyros accessing spawn through the skybox and killing people who immediately spawned.
Even spawn protection would help

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Even Ubercharge doesn't help, most spawncampers are so persistent they will go out of their way to make sure that you do not leave spawn.
A recent camping issue was that there were two sentries between the two spawn areas, one person who was farming on the AFK slide (I had no problem with the person farming, just that it made it almost impossible to leave through the idler slide, still, not mad at them.) and numerous demomen that were sticky camping the main exit as well as phlog pyros accessing spawn through the skybox and killing people who immediately spawned.
Even spawn protection would help
It doesn't help if you're trash at the game

Cyril

Unremarkable User
I admit I'm not the best player at the game, but when the pyros came in at a constant rate it made it impossible to even stay alive for five seconds because of crits

Cyril

Unremarkable User
You try to survive when three phlog pyros with mmmph are in spawn holding down Mouse1

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You try to survive when three phlog pyros with mmmph are in spawn holding down Mouse1
Phlog does nothing against a medic/soldier (Demo, whichever you prefer) combo with uber. Especially with no reflect which is like the hard counter to uber.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I admit I'm not the best player at the game, but when the pyros came in at a constant rate it made it impossible to even stay alive for five seconds because of crits
You'd survive just fine if you cooperate with someone else and kill them while ubered. Phlogs can't airblast so it's easy to deal with them like that.

Cyril

Unremarkable User
We had no time to even build uber because of the previously mentioned pyros coming into spawn.
We could barely stay alive for five seconds at a time.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We had no time to even build uber because of the previously mentioned pyros coming into spawn.
We could barely stay alive for five seconds at a time.
Build your uber in base. They can't literally come into your base.

Cyril

Unremarkable User
If there's no time to build uber because of them killing us, no way to escape, how do you propose a player was to fix it under those circumstances?

Cyril

Unremarkable User
They actually can come into our base, because of the skybox teleports, I've witnessed people come through the skybox with sentries and set up in the opposite team spawn.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
They actually can come into our base, because of the skybox teleports, I've witnessed people come through the skybox with sentries and set up in the opposite team spawn.
Lol... are we talking about a non-vanilla map ? Like idle or orange?

Cyril

Unremarkable User
Yes, Idler servers, I should have said that in my first post, but I did mention the AFK slide and strange farmers

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If there's no time to build uber because of them killing us, no way to escape, how do you propose a player was to fix it under those circumstances?
>Taking idle seriously
There's your problem.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Seriously? It's an idle server. It's not meant for competition. There's 50+ other servers for that.

Cyril

Unremarkable User
The idler server is a place I regularly play on, and I'd like to be able to play on there as most of my friends and buddies play on there as well.

Cyril

Unremarkable User
I realize it isn't competetive, but it is still a popular Skial server with many people who play on it, many people on here complain about spawncamping as it is a regular occurence

Cyril

Unremarkable User
It really is a common occurence on here, I just wanted to at least address the problem.