Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Since Garry's Mod is popular at the moment, I'm suprised Skial hasn't tried setting up a few Garry's Mod Servers? There are two ideal scenarios I can think of that would help.

Skial sets up a popular gamemode server and a small community starts, and it's unique from other servers of the same gamemode for example no crap or non-needed add-ons.

Me and maybe a few others could create a whole new Garry's Mod Gamemode, though a new gamemode takes longer to get popular, in the long-term if done right it can be a great success as it would be the only servers with the gamemode.

Does anything else think there should be a few Garrys Mod Servers? And how would the best way be about going about it?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This has been recommended many times and all of them have been rejected.
I will still stand and say -1.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
What about a custom gamemode exclusive to Skial? Do you think that could work?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What about a custom gamemode exclusive to Skial? Do you think that could work?
If its garrys mod related it won't work. Its all been asked and shot down.

Unless bot wants to change his mind about Garrys mod and start it. But I doubt he has changed his mind about it.

At this pont it would be the 5th time its been suggested I think.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Custom game modes were suggested before?

Bottiger probably didn't have the time to make a custom gamemode himself in that case. Luckily I know how to program in garry's mod, and I could probably come up with something, though it would take a while.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Custom game modes were suggested before?

Bottiger probably didn't have the time to make a custom gamemode himself in that case. Luckily I know how to program in garry's mod, and I could probably come up with something, though it would take a while.
Not a game mode per say, all the suggestions have just to have a Gmod server and thats it. Tho I fi remember its been explained that it would never work or would not be worth how much work it takes.

Bottiger

Administrator
Gmod is an aging game and most of it is dominated by gamemodes like Jailbreak such as DarkRP and TTT. Our jailbreak server isn't that popular.

The other way to be successful in gmod is to churn out a bunch of custom content, and given how our Freak Fortress server is doing, is not really an option for us.

If you want to start working on it for now then go ahead, but I'm not willing to put the time and effort into it right now.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Well that's understandable, It's a shame though because quickplay has taken a lot of servers away from Skial, I remember in the server browser there used to be a lot more. And I know those servers can't be kept up now because of lack of players. I'm hoping there will bet some new games that are like TF2 in the way that it's so easy to mod with custom models and maps/gamemodes and that are popular enough. That's one thing I Ilike about TF2.