Start making Skial 5V5 lobbies?

• Total voters

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When I first started DotA 2 in near frostivus of 2012 the first good 200-300 hours I spent watching people play/playing Skial 5v5 lobbies. I don't think we do that a lot anymore. Now since years passed and people got better/more people joined, maybe it would be interesting to start more 5v5 lobbies for fun.

This is just like an interest post to see if people would like this or not, as it takes atleast 10 people to make it work. If enough people would like to, then I could make some rules and how drafting a team for the match works.

Any opinions?

(-TG-)SvenPhantom

Server-Clearing Cynic
I would participate but previously we have had pretty good and bad runs, we get really competitive but we get toxic towards each other very quickly, it mostly had to do with the skill-gap between people but hopefully it should be better this time.

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
Sven pretty much hit the nail on the head. "Person X" doesn't want to play with Gator, "Person Y" doesn't want to play with Belokk, "Person Z" doesn't want to play with Cinic, and I'm sure plenty of people dislike playing with me. We've had a hard enough time maintaining peace within the TS Dota community, and that's pretty much the strongest Dota community in Skial, just imagine what it would be like if you matched those people up with guys they don't even like. If you guys really want to do that sort of thing, I'm in, just be ready for some serious volatility.

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
LETS DO IT. I promise I wont leave nor have a person play in my place if i do leave, nor feed when we start losing hard, nor have over expectations of people, nor just bitch about midas

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Since I'm getting some positive feedback as well as some negative related to people's mood towards eachother I came up with a few ideas you can help me create to prevent unnecessary drama.

General Rules
1. No flaming of any kind.
2. You are expected to be able to play with/against any person, regardless of skill level, or personal relations with. There are no "I'll play BUT ONLY IF I can play with X". 2 Captains will draft their teams and you will only ruin the game for yourself and others if you come in with a certain team expectation.
3. Play consistantly. If you wanna try out an unconvential build, go for it, just make sure it doesn't cost your team the game.

Drafting Rules.
When a lobby is set up, 2 people join the dire and the radiant side, first slot. Those are captains. Whether everyone decides or whoever snags it first is the case is up to you. Once Captains are set, they will agree on first pick, or pick the side they want to play on. Drafting order will Go like this. Radiant(R) and Dire(D). R1 D1 D2 R2 R3 D3 R4 D4 R5 D5. (This can be adjusted).
If anyone can give me a good suggestion on how to make sure new players and not just the top 10 in the lobby, please say so.
While The lobby will be in All Pick, Teams will be able to ban 3 heroes from the pool and both teams are expected to oblige. If Radiant team bans Drow Riki and Huskar, neither team is able to pick them. The only exception to this rule is Randoming. You can play ANY hero you random.

If I am missing anything or some ideas are like shit or what not please post it.

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
If I am missing anything or some ideas are like shit or what not please post it.

Your drafting system is terrible. Just make it Captain's Mode. Giving individual players the ability to pick their own heroes in a constructed format is just a bad idea.

If nothing else, remove the "you can play any hero you random" rule. Trust me, that's a REALLY bad idea.