• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
G

Giildy

It seems like in the middle of the night server stability disappears. Just now everyone fell off of 24/7 doublecross because the server crashed.

Prior to crashing models of some players were the wrong color, lag spikes increased, and I suffered from the server timeout (like, the thing where there are numbers on the top right hand corner that countdown to disconnect happen?) Things also get rather laggy when there are more than 20 players on that server.

As for the 24/7 Turbine (The one I sort of live on, thank you for maintaining it!) there are severe lag spikes the moment the server cap is raised. Three days ago the server wide lag was so bad that several of us migrated away, and came back when the player count dropped below 20 again. If possible can you upgrade those servers some? Or maybe don't increase the player cap at night?

Do you need any further information to evaluate the situation? Server IPs? Other Regulars to pop over and mention it? I could talk to some of the guys that regular there, I'm sure they'd be happy to come over and help you understand what's going on with the server.

Bottiger

Administrator
The server didn't crash. It lost connection to the internet for a couple seconds for unknown reasons.

I can't upgrade the server Turbine is on because it already has one of the fastest CPU available: E3-1270. I never expected all the maps on the server to be filled at the same time.

I could move one of the maps off of there, but that will severely drop the player count on that map. I have been waiting for Valve to come out with the new FPS limit that may help with CPU usage.

G

Giildy

Thank you for the super quick response.

Well, atleast I know what to tell the guys when we start lagging.

Is there a list somewhere of which maps are on which server so that when one is starting to lag out we don't exacerbate the problem by filling up another map on the same machine?

pkobalt

Uncharitable Spy
Exactly where are the servers hosted?
Do you hire a hosting company?
what OS do the servers run on?
How are the minecraft and Terraria servers split?
What about the eu servers?
Have you considered splitting the workload between more servers?

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Exactly where are the servers hosted?
Do you hire a hosting company?
what OS do the servers run on?
How are the minecraft and Terraria servers split?
What about the eu servers?
Have you considered splitting the workload between more servers?
Have you considered [Redacted]?

Reactions: Dragon Ninja