D

DeadHerald

I would like to host a Killing Floor server. I have a couple of questions and any other relevant information that can be added would appreciated.

I'm considering keeping the server on a separate computer, since it will have a constant internet connection. Does the computer need to be mid-high end or will a low end PC be able to handle it?

Could I possibly run as many as 3 servers on one computer through a single IP?

Would I need a separate Steam account for this? I want to play on this server but not have a constant connection through this laptop.

Thanks in advance.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First you got to make sure you have enough bandwidth. Most residential connections can't handle it since they're asymmetrical with really poor upload speeds. Killing Floor can work with ports, so you would have one IP and the three servers would have three different port numbers to connect to. Don't know about minimum requirements, but I would guess at least 512mb of RAM per server instance and a decent CPU.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Isn't it just easier to hire a server? I'm not sure about customization of it, but at least a lot of burden is taken of your shoulders and it is relatively cheap.