• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1) Abusing powers? He uses his fairly reserved "powers" to keep the server nice and fun for everybody.
2)Who is he to decide what's griefing? He banned you based on the fact you didn't follow the rules on our servers.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
you wanted to voteban someone for "griefing"
you were asked by someone on the server what the person was doing and you said his voice is griefing your ears or something along those lines.
i then banned you because you were abusing the votemenu system.

Masta-PapaWaffles

Mildly Menacing Medic
Sorry, I'm new to forums. I'm trying to do this correctly. My player name is Masta-PapaWaffles, and there was a kid that was complaining a lot about the dialogue in the game, and he was bothering others with his comments, so I vote-kicked him for "grieving". I didn't know it would be an issue, and didn't receive any suggestion of it from the Admin

Player: Masta-PapaWaffles
Steam ID : Steam_0:0:42148738
Steam Community: 76561198044563204
Invoked on: 11-09-12
Banned By: Ruelel

Masta-PapaWaffles

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yea I can read the reason why Ruelel, but you didn't even say anything about it. It grieved me, so why can I not vote for that? If it didn't bother others, they would vote no. Isn't that the purpose of a vote system, and especially for a specific reason such as "griefing"

Masta-PapaWaffles

Mildly Menacing Medic
And, ps, I love playing there, as you can see from my activity, i am constantly on that Chicago Dustbowl server. I do well at keeping it entertaining and fun for everyone.

Masta-PapaWaffles

Mildly Menacing Medic
Because the term for what he was doing, I believe, is not listed under "votekick". If so, I apologize for the mix-up, but I believe "griefing" is only found under voteban 30 min.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Because the term for what he was doing, I believe, is not listed under "votekick". If so, I apologize for the mix-up, but I believe "griefing" is only found under voteban 30 min.
??????
"Votemute". And that description doesn't fit? WTF?

Masta-PapaWaffles

Mildly Menacing Medic
Really? Why do you have to act like this makes no sense? Listen, some kid was talking as high as he could on his microphone. It was bothering myself, and MANY others on the server. Under !votemenu on "Mute and Gag" there is not a reason for "griefing", only things like "Racism" and "mic spamming", etc. However, under !Votemenu on "vote ban for 30 min" there is the causation of "griefing", which he was clearly doing to myself and many others, so I selected that one in my attempts to be correct with why we wanted him muted/gone. I didn't see it as an abuse to votemenu. Ruelel didn't even warn or tell me that it was incorrect to do, instead just banned me. I don't feel it was justified, and had someone just said differently to me, it wouldn't of had happened. I play on skial all the time, simply look at my stats. Does that not make sense still?

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Really? Why do you have to act like this makes no sense? Listen, some kid was talking as high as he could on his microphone. It was bothering myself, and MANY others on the server. Under !votemenu on "Mute and Gag" there is not a reason for "griefing", only things like "Racism" and "mic spamming", etc. However, under !Votemenu on "vote ban for 30 min" there is the causation of "griefing", which he was clearly doing to myself and many others, so I selected that one in my attempts to be correct with why we wanted him muted/gone. I didn't see it as an abuse to votemenu. Ruelel didn't even warn or tell me that it was incorrect to do, instead just banned me. I don't feel it was justified, and had someone just said differently to me, it wouldn't of had happened. I play on skial all the time, simply look at my stats. Does that not make sense still?
Did it not occur to you that what he was doing was spamming the mic? "Micspamming"? I agree that you should've been warned that what you were doing was wrong beforehand if what you're saying is true, but obviously the micspamming choice was the right one instead of griefing.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
If you saw the option for gagging.. Why didn't you use it? You instead vote banned him for griefing?

Maybe you need to look up your definitions on what griefing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.