Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: CONTAINS POSSIBLE SEASON 3 + 4 SPOILERS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No one wants to read a wall of text so I'll just get straight to the point;

There have been some popular rumors about season 3 and 4 of MLP floating around - rumors about twilight becoming an alicorn, derpy 'getting the axe' (as in being removed from canon MLP completely).

Now of course these are just rumors, and I normally dismiss rumors because again...they're rumors. After seeing the popularity of these rumors I did some research and found a couple of things

First thing is someone posted this on Reddit (Update - found the source of the thread, click here)

AlDLD.png

I really doubt Hasbro is stupid enough to completely can a character like that and change Twilight into an alicorn for marketing reasons. The thing that bugs me is this;

Vlrsz.jpg

If you look in the background to the left you can see twilight as an alicorn.

Apparently the picture is canon by Hasbro. It may not prove anything, but it does support one of the rumors.

I haven't been able to find a solid source for these claims and images yet, and let alone if they come from a credible source. Because they're just rumors I doubt any of them are true, but after seeing that alicorn twilight picture, the season 3 previews, and Hasbro's toys > shows > fans priority list, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

Just figured I'd share this here

(Again; these are rumors with currently unknown and dubious sources so don't hold your breath)

Update -

The Twilight alicorn picture is a canon picture that was hanging at Hasbro's toy fair in London. Supposedly there is also Twilight alicorn toys that haven't been released yet.

Update 2 -

After looking around some more I've seen some talk on 4chan and other forums about one of the MLP animators stating (on his Twitter account) that Derpy not only will be in Season 4, but will have a major role. Still no source on this so it's still dubious.

Update 3 -

Vancouver Leak rumor

This was posted on a image board, which you can find the archived thread by clicking here

cj4vl.png

Later in the thread, same poster -

dzvCU.jpg

(If it's too hard to read you can click the archive link and see the thread for a better view)

Reminder - dubious source, hard to believe, blah blah blah, but still worth noting.

Update 4 -

A bit of news regarding the Twilight Alicorn picture. It's nothing that shatters any rumors but it's still worth nothing. The Twitter post seems to be long gone due to its age.

Thanks to ThirstyDonut for pointing out the article

Update 5 -

According to Entertainment Weekly, Twilight Alicorn is canon

MLP-PRINCESS_510x317.jpg

Source

Bottom Line

Twilight alicorn looks like it will happen. The evidence simply stacks up heavily. If it does happen it may be not be a permanent thing as some other people have suggested.
(Update - Twilight Alicorn officially proven to be canon, at least according to Entertainment Weekly)

As for Derpy, I hope it doesn't happen but knowing the amount of overly sensitive moms and trolls who sent butthurt letters to Hasbro about derpy's original voice lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro went as far as scrapping her character altogether. Derpy still having toys manufactured and starring in the canon web comic coupled with the other rumors about her appearance in season 4 leads me to believe the reddit post is probably a hoax. The point being it's likely Derpy will remain.

Until a official statement is made or until the episodes come out, there is no telling for sure what will happen.

(Reason for edits - correcting spelling, clearing up some points, updates, etc.)

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I dont care if it for marketing but I knew something like that was gonna happen to twi

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is old news to me, I'm pretty good at keeging myself informed

but this is a good source for others wishing to find a lot of information in one place

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Pretty sure the twilight alicorn thing was accepted as fact once people realized where the picture was from.

I think Hasbro did it before with Shining Armor and Cadence.

Also, as far as keeping up with the desires of the fanbase, The great and glorious Faust already wrote the mlp bible. The story for the main girls from start to finish. Just be glad the girls don't have any surprise shitty plot twists coming their way from hasbro. If derpy gets un derped or removed completely it isn't a show changer. If they do keep her, and treat her with more respect that would be a sign of a really good company

Fallen Leaves

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Twilight becoming an alicorn?
Meh.. I don't really care for that, but I guess it'd be ok. I realize it's just a rumor and I hope it stays that way... I seriously hope Derpy stays though

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Maybe it might not be as bad as we think.
For all we know it could just be like Twilight getting a power up to fight another villian, but then she loses it after the battle is over.
A great example of this would be like Super sonic, He gets the 7 diamonds(just like the elements of harmony) he turns "super" (alicorn) and then after he loses his powers (hopefully thats what will happen to twilight)
I think changing the main character in this way would just change the show to much from what it once was.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe it might not be as bad as we think.
For all we know it could just be like Twilight getting a power up to fight another villian, but then she loses it after the battle is over.
A great example of this would be like Super sonic, He gets the 7 diamonds(just like the elements of harmony) he turns "super" (alicorn) and then after he loses his powers (hopefully thats what will happen to twilight)
I think changing the main character in this way would just change the show to much from what it once was.
Twilight is going super saiyan

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Twilight is going super saiyan
That is another notable reference to another show that could work
(Even though I think Goku can do that whenever he wants, where as with sonic he can only do with the help outside power(I.E the diamonds))