Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
its still the concept. The worth shouldn't matter.
You don't get the same punishment for nicking a chocolate bar from a store or rob the shop itself.
Both are illegal though, so I see your point.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
its still the concept. The worth shouldn't matter.
If i were to try to rename a hat so that it were tagged as 'unusual zfkgjdfg' sold it to someone for some keys, and when they said hey this isn't unusual who is right?

Technically it's unusual because it's named that.
Technically that paint is sort of black, but it really isn't

or if i were to advertise a clean gazer, go into trade and put in a dirty gazer but still get the clean price because it's basically the same thing.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I like how your post saying you got scammed was rated Funny
I didn't trade with him lol : )
Never got scammed so far, once gave the person the wrong email to pay though : ) Note to myself: must remember my email correctly.
It was only 4 keys, so meh

Reactions: Faron8

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If i were to try to rename a hat so that it were tagged as 'unusual zfkgjdfg' sold it to someone for some keys, and when they said hey this isn't unusual who is right?

Technically it's unusual because it's named that.
Technically that paint is sort of black, but it really isn't

or if i were to advertise a clean gazer, go into trade and put in a dirty gazer but still get the clean price because it's basically the same thing.
so.... whats your point? Your saying what I'm saying but with items of higher value.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
so.... whats your point? Your saying what I'm saying but with items of higher value.
I put him on there because it's deceptive. People do this all the time with paint. Especially with painted Bill's Hats. Somebody will buy Color No. 216-190-216 for real cheap, and then put that paint on a Bill's Hat. It looks almost like An Abundance of Tinge paint, and so they try to sell the Bill's for the price of a white Bill's, even though it's not. People do the same with After Eight and Distinctive Lack of Hue. It's hard to tell the difference, and in Steam trade it doesn't say in text what paint is on an item, it just shows a picture of the paint, which on some monitors is hard to see the difference between After Eight or true black, or with 216 and true white.

It's nearly a key's difference between the two paints, and the people who do this know exactly what they're doing. Or if he was actually ignorant to the difference in paint, he should have reversed the trade when asked about it, instead of blocking PepiPopa on Steam, which indicates to me that he knows that he ripped somebody off (and has probably been doing it for a while now), and is trying to avoid confrontation.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I'd just avoid trading painted hats altogether. if I wanted a hat painted a certain color I'd do it myself

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I dont post here a lot but i decided i should.I tend not to get scammed as in never ever but this happened. Was distracted guy offered black paint for my outdoors man + 1 key i accepted clicked ok and said ok cool trade. Lets trade for something else. We re-traded and then i noticed he was putting after 8 paints not black. Told him so he said " ohh" I told him ok lets re-trade just give me my stuff back i will give you back your paint. Instantly unfriend and ignores me. Decided to report it. I'm rich enough that this aint gonna ruin my trading stuffski but still annoying

Screen shot of the conversation so you know im not making stuff up - http://imgur.com/9LAUU

Guys profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017193269

Thanks.
Okay, so I'm reporting him on SteamRep for you, and Diego is asking for a screenshot of your trade history. Open your Steam profile, click your Inventory, and click the link that says "Inventory history", and take a screenshot of this page. Make sure it's a full-screen screenshot, so that everything Diego needs is visible.

If you don't edit your Steam login name out of the top-right corner of the page, then DO NOT POST THE IMAGE HERE, and PM it to me, instead. This way you're not making your login name public for anybody to see. So either block out the name, or PM it to me.