• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Uncle Dan

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban at skial.com/sourcebans
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=[U:1:23888077]&advType=steamid

Why should you be unbanned?
Hi there,

I couldn't find any information or template for an appeal other than this so I apologize if I've missed some formality. I'm appealing a caution tag, so I don't think it shows on the SourceBans database, so I linked the forum post of the original caution tag at the bottom of the post. If this is the incorrect place to post about this, I'd really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

I'm not in the trading scene what so ever, and would mostly just like to clean up my profile. The issue at hand was fake rep posted on a friends steam profile page in 2013, 4000 days ago. All I can say about it from memory really is that he was a friend of mine I met in game and asked me to post this comment he copy pasted. I didn't understand or appreciate the impact that could have had on other people. He was subsequently trade banned some time following. I don't know him any more, I've never associated with known scammers either.

Since 2013 I started a community, a minecraft server in particular, alongside other side projects related to the same thing. I ran that community for 10 years , with well over 300,000 players and built myself a reputation in the space as reasonable, fair, trustworthy and above all consistent. Working as an admin dealing with players and their personal problems, I myself have issued 10,000 bans and dealt with hundreds of ban appeals over the years, so I understand the importance of articulating yourself well and providing enough context for the community member to come to a judgement. I would really just like to clean up the yellow tag from my Steam calculator page and things like that. I don't think it is unreasonable to say that I pose absolutely no threat to the trading community space when it comes to associating with known scammers or anything of the like.

I have also spent time making videos for the community in Dota 2 for trading. Under the YouTube channel MCD Spalw I have made showcase videos displaying items for people to preview before purchase where valve has made it impossible to do so in game, and critiques of loot box mechanics.

I hope this is sufficient to remove the caution tag associated with my account.
I appreciate the value of the steam rep system, past and present, and although I have not traded seriously for well over 7 years, and I do not intend to do so, any time soon - I would really appreciate this caution tag being expunged.

Thanks,
Harry.

> Link to caution tag being applied, Feb 20th, 2013
https://www.skial.com/threads/the-skial-scammer-list.11993/page-15#post-400790