Toxik

Contributor
Whoever designed this piece of crap software should be shot in front of their family.
Whoever allowed this piece of crap software to be released should be shot in front of the world.
This is easily one of the worst programs ever.
I'd rather have to deal with a BSOD than with this shitty program.
I simply do not understand how the FUCK a company as big as Samsung could release this crap.
At least I'll give Apple credit for making iTunes not a compete piece of shit.

Toxik

Contributor
What are you talking about? New iTunes is awful.
Man, try getting a Galaxy S3 and connecting it to your computer.
It won't even simply connect unless you go download the USB drivers from the Samsung website, and can't do shit without installing Kies which is I shit you not the worst piece of shit ever.
I cannot even uninstall the program, it's always running in the background and you cannot set it to not do that, it will recognize the phone once in 21312493 times you connect it, it's just plain bad.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Yeah, Kies sucks. Can't even do a factory reset on my phone because I can't get Kies to save my files before I do it, sucks arse man.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It won't even simply connect unless you go download the USB drivers from the Samsung website, and can't do shit without installing Kies which is I shit you not the worst piece of shit ever.
I cannot even uninstall the program, it's always running in the background and you cannot set it to not do that, it will recognize the phone once in 21312493 times you connect it, it's just plain bad.
I was just bashing Apple, but that sounds like every proprietary piece of shit phone ever. Even my... I don't even know what it is, but it requires separate drivers and some awful program to do anything more than act as a USB drive.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Dunno. I used it once a LONG time ago and didn't like it so i just plug it in, and it sees it as a phone and i can access all files and do transfers.
Yeah, but I think there are some files you can't copy off the phone to another computer folder, so you kinda have to use Kies in that regard, at least for me.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Yeah, but I think there are some files you can't copy off the phone to another computer folder, so you kinda have to use Kies in that regard, at least for me.

News to me friend, i can access all files with my pc, and move any file. I even do backups of my phone just like windows. Came in handy when my ROM went bad on my old SII

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You might have had a botched install. When I installed Kies it automatically downloaded the drivers and installed and it worked when I plugged it in the first time. It's definitely a little slow, but I haven't had any issue. You should just be able to disable the service that runs in the background. It's KiesAgent or something.

Junaid

Unremarkable User
Whoever designed this piece of crap software should be shot in front of their family.
Whoever allowed this piece of crap software to be released should be shot in front of the world.
This is easily one of the worst programs ever.
I'd rather have to deal with a BSOD than with this shitty program.
I simply do not understand how the FUCK a company as big as Samsung could release this crap.
At least I'll give Apple credit for making iTunes not a compete piece of shit.

totally agree. Shitty phones don't work and when it comes to sending them back. you haven't got anything to backup your data because shitty Kies won't get you no where after hours on it. Thumbs down for samsung.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Users found this page by searching for:
  1. Fuck kies

2. is samsung kies just shit?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
nNUleN3.jpg

Life. Love. Overlord.