A very unexpected anal

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I don't go there very often, but I've been there enough to know he's almost always there at some point during the day playing music. Most of its really good.
Oh the rules are enforced but only if you don't have a SD in front of your name. That seems to be the exception. They stick together and pick on you for even making an attempt to remind them of rules.
SD is just an inside joke with people that are regulars there, and trust me we don't always stick together.

mylastlife

Unremarkable User
Alright.

http://encodable.com/cgi-bin/filechucker.cgi?action=landing&path=/jungle/&file=demotest.dem

Couple of things to know before you watch it. The song being played when it starts is this one

After about 2 minutes, the song ends but I keep recording as I'm arguing why it is SUPPOSE to be against the rules.

At least one "regular" lists off 5 (*edit* actually it was 4 )admins who have told him personally that this is ok, so I suggest you take a good look at the text chat window during the entire video, i forget at what part he gets specific. One of them WAS in the server earlier, after my initial report and he said he would "warn" him over steam chat. Allegedly did so and left sometime later, music was clean for a while after this was apparently taken care of. This admin told me to report it, and that its just something you kind of let loose with, its one of the admins with the R in the name (kyoso or something on the server at the time) *edit* I'm not trying to say anything about this person but other than the fact they said they warned him and told me to report it. "Ruelel" I don't know your admins at all, sorry.

The evidence you're looking for is pretty much in the first minute, but i think it'd be wise to read the entire chat because it seems to be the universal position that its a ok, and that I need to grow up and get over it.

If that file didn't work, let me know and I'll upload it elsewhere. Thanks I hope it works for you, I double tested it to make sure it works when i download and play it.

[SÐ] 亗 JùñGLé

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
One of them WAS in the server earlier, after my initial report and he said he would "warn" him over steam chat. Allegedly did so and left sometime later, music was clean for a while after this was apparently taken care of. This admin told me to report it, and that its just something you kind of let loose with, its one of the admins with the R in the name (kyoso or something on the server at the time) *edit* I'm not trying to say anything about this person but other than the fact they said they warned him and told me to report it.

The evidence you're looking for is pretty much in the first minute, but i think it'd be wise to read the entire chat because it seems to be the universal position that its a ok, and that I need to grow up and get over it.

You reported someone that complied ( In your own words). I was asked by Kyosuke to stop playing rap with the N word in it. So I did. Rap is generally a music that is enjoyed by most and it is not demeaning in any way to black folks. I play some rap which uses the occasional N word with empowerment of the folks that use it, much like I also play classical, techno, metal, rock, dubstep, urban, and take requests. All is played with respect for the music, regardless of genre.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You reported someone that complied ( In your own words). I was asked by Kyosuke to stop playing rap with the N word in it. So I did. Rap is generally a music that is enjoyed by most and it is not demeaning in any way to black folks. I play some rap which uses the occasional N word with empowerment of the folks that use it, much like I also play classical, techno, metal, rock, dubstep, urban, and take requests. All is played with respect for the music, regardless of genre.

That being said, saying the N word is still considered racism. Doesn't matter if a black guy says it on the server. Racism is racism.

mylastlife

Unremarkable User
Ok , essentially believe you did nothing wrong, and even though you were muted momentarily for it, it isn't going to change what you do at all in the future. Roger. goodbye for now everyone

[SÐ] 亗 JùñGLé

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
That being said, saying the N word is still considered racism. Doesn't matter if a black guy says it on the server. Racism is racism.
It's all about the context I don't know of a single black person that uses the word in a racist context. However if the rules are the rules and I may not play a hit rap song due to it being censored for that word...I will comply.

Ok , essentially believe you did nothing wrong, and even though you were muted momentarily for it, it isn't going to change what you do at all in the future. Roger. goodbye for now everyone
I don't think I did anything wrong. Playing rap isn''t wrong. Black folks using the N word to empower themselves isn't considered racist. If however it is a huge issue ( you are the FIRST to get butthurt about it ) I will comply with these rules.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's in the rules. I would copy and paste it but it isn't working for some reason. Basically, any form of the word is considered racist and is against the rules. Doesn't matter if you're black. It's still a racist word.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's all about the context I don't know of a single black person that uses the word in a racist context. However if the rules are the rules and I may not play a hit rap song due to it being censored for that word...I will comply.

I don't think I did anything wrong. Playing rap isn''t wrong. Black folks using the N word to empower themselves isn't considered racist. If however it is a huge issue ( you are the FIRST to get butthurt about it ) I will comply with these rules.
Any form of the word nigger (nigga, nigg etc.) is not allowed even if you are just quoting a rap song or you are black, to prevent actual racists from using the same excuse.

It has been decided that "quoting" a rap song is covered in mic spamming that song.

[SÐ] 亗 JùñGLé

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Any form of the word nigger (nigga, nigg etc.) is not allowed even if you are just quoting a rap song or you are black, to prevent actual racists from using the same excuse.

It has been decided that "quoting" a rap song is covered in mic spamming that song.
Thank you for the clarification, as weak as that may be.
I was going to mention that I'm not quoting the word, but just playing a song by artists allowed to use it under freedom of expression and based on their racial freedom to use it. There is no racist connotation to it's use in rap songs. Nor is there racism in enjoying a rap song with the word in it. I do however understand your need to control it's abuse.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thank you for the clarification, as weak as that may be.
I was going to mention that I'm not quoting the word, but just playing a song by artists allowed to use it under freedom of expression and based on their racial freedom to use it. There is no racist connotation to it's use in rap songs. Nor is there racism in enjoying a rap song with the word in it. I do however understand your need to control it's abuse.

I just want to clarify that these are Bottiger's rules. Bottiger's rules being enforced on Bottiger's Idle.