Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is anyone playing it?
Shula liked a link on Facebook from PC Gamer saying "It's similar to DayZ, but Rust stands on its own as a vicious survival simulator", I looked it up and it looks pretty interesting, but one of the main reasons I want to play Day Z is to be a dick to other people, chain them to gas stations and leave them to die

Links for the lazy:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

http://playrust.com/

Reactions: sov and Shula

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I've been playing it for a while now. It's a bit glitchy and unfinished yet, which is to be expected. The toughest part is just starting out and trying not to die of hunger and farm mats for a shelter.
I am playing it with some if my old raiding guildes from WoW.

You can definitly be a dick in this game. Use c4 to blow up doors and walls, trap people in their homes, steal all their stuff. Pvp while farming. Kill their bodies when they are logged out...

There have been a lot if hackers, but vac is catching up with them now. I would stay away from the official servers as they are laggy and have no moderation. My buddy has a server and he is active with bans on hackers.

I will link the address when i get on my pc for anyone that wants to try out our server.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Fun game, just hard to set up and get settled without dying of natural causes or people gunning you down. It's still pretty fun tho, just need a good group, or if wanting a less srs business playthrough join PvE servers or ones with lower population so as to avoid too many people who might try to fuck you over.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hit F1 and then type into the console: net.connect 208.117.11.58:28035

Reactions: sov

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It looks fun and I want to try but $20 is a lot lol. Does anyone know If you got an alpha key a few months ago that it will work on steam?

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I'm starting to play this game now so here's my update on it:

- Game is beautiful.

- There is still hitching/rubberbanding and other forms of server lag.

- Servers are still catching hackers left and right. It's about as bad as TF2 now. You just hear about it more because there's more people on one server.

- It's still glitchy and unfinished, but from what players are telling me is that it's miles ahead from where it was a year ago.

- To those who like making other people's lives their soap opera's, Rust is fun to play and watch people rage at eachother for killing them or destroying their base.

- The developers are still updating even though it's in alpha limbo.

- Community is mostly toxic and untrustworthy. This is the kind of game that brings out this kind of mindset so avoid if you have a thin skin.

If I were to rate it based on what I've seen, I'd give it a 5/10. It's fun, and I'm probably going to play for another week. If anything would get me to uninstall this game it would be the freezing and rubberbanding.

Last edited: