Contributor
Summary:
Power Hungry Admin

Player Name:
RMSniper

SteamID:
[U:1:39099874]
https://stats.skial.com/#summary/player/SteamID/All/[U:1:39099874]
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advType=steamid&advSearch=[U:1:39099874]
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advType=steamid&advSearch=[U:1:39099874]

Time:
now

Servers:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast

Detailed Explanation / Screenshots / Demos:
Hello.

I am a regular on your payload US server. I donate regularly and love playing there usually. Yesterday, I was kicked by RMSniper for trying to have a conversation with another player through text. I choose not to speak verbally and only responded after I died as it is fast respawn. She claimed I was "wasting a spot". My character never went into afk mode. I was never controlled by the bot plugin that servers has. I was never stopped more than to type a response. I find this treatment unnecessary and insulting. I have owned communities and admined for competitive leagues associated to TF2. I feel like I have an understanding on how admining should would and how a player should represent their community and she failed to represent Skial in a positive light yesterday. So this is my official complaint about this admins actions.

UGC MsXena

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not sure what we're meant to do about this, so I will leave it for now - though I will say I don't like the attitude from your chatlog.
Specifically: "I donate here. I can waste a slot if I want.", donating doesn't mean that you don't have to follow the rules.
If @RMSniper felt that you were wasting a lot, through either of the following rules quotes, then she had every right to kick you.

If you were bypassing the afk manager to stop yourself going AFK/being kicked from the server.
Exploiting
  • Examples: Killing someone behind the gate before the game starts.
  • Bypassing the afk manager.

OR If you weren't helping your team, thus:
Harming your team for an extended period of time.
  • Refusing to help advance your teams position

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Lets not bring up attitude to someone who feels they were kicked without a reason, her chatlogs are fine up until that point. Which is perfectly understandable if you feel like you got kicked for no reason.

I will agree that just because you are a donator, doesn't mean you get special treatment. However, donators do get added time before they get kicked for AFK.

Based on your activity, you looked like you were playing. You killed someone about 40 seconds before getting kicked.
GCot86P.jpg

I am curious to see what RMSniper says. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt until there is proof and we hear the other side. Because typically what someone says happened isn't the full story.

To everyone else, please don't respond unless you have something to add. We don't need to hear your opinion

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Although I am not involved in this situation, she has done this once on the Goldrush LA server and I didn't catch the evidence from it because I thought she was just joking, I wish I had caught it to help the OP.

I don't know what her issue is, but she tends to get jealous, bullies people for no reason, power hungry and self-centered. Although I know my post might get removed, hopefully it will help some of those with what's going on.

Edit: I probably found the proper evidence for this, I will add it.

Last edited:

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hi. Sorry about that delay. I just got back home.

First of all, I have never kicked/slayed for no reason. I was playing on PL US with Xena, who is, of course, a regular on that server, as am I. I heard someone on the mic say something akin to, "stop complaining and just play." I was playing, so I hadn't noticed anything, so I decided to look into it. I saw Xena in chat complaining about the map, but, I thought, surely she is still playing the game. I think they were actually talking about "jessisduhbest," who was also talking about trying to rtv and hating the map, but I saw Xena complaining about the map too. Complaining may not be the right word there, as we all have maps we hate, and there's nothing wrong with that.

PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:58:43 PM UGC Ms Xena It's dumb.
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:58:39 PM UGC Ms Xena I HATE THIS MAP

So, in an attempt to just move the conversation along, I said:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:58:50 PM RMSniper oh well, just play

Then the conversation went on:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:00:16 PM UGC Ms Xena I donate here. I can waste a slot if I want.
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:00:09 PM turtle tamer rtv
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:00:04 PM UGC Ms Xena Fuck off.
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:00:03 PM RMSniper you're wasting a slot
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:58 PM RMSniper xena just play
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:41 PM Danger on*
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:31 PM UGC Ms Xena Heck why I don't want to waste my time of this shit
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:03 PM UGC Ms Xena Don't tell me how to live my life

What happened in between those moments was this:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:02:00 PM Killed by BF_Wonka with battleaxe
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:00:37 PM Killed by TheStrawman with obj_sentrygun3
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:51 PM Killed by ЩĄ | Horse with blackbox
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:49 PM Killed brick with sniperrifle
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:58:54 PM Killed by turtle tamer with sniperrifle
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:58:39 PM Killed by BF_Wonka with letranger

As you can see, I died three times in between 8:58:39 and 8:59:51. While this was only a minute and a half span, as shown above, I had seen Xena (she has a pretty recognizable loadout; it's pretty cute) in spawn not doing anything. I was now suspicious that she was deciding to sit in spawn and not play, considering what she had been saying about not liking the map (they had been trying to rtv, and, IIRC, there was only a couple minutes left in the round at this point). Hence, as shown above in the chat, I told her to just play and not waste a spot. Instead of denying my claim, she simply told me to fuck off and that she donates so she can waste a slot if she wants. I took that as plenty of proof that, by her own admission, she was indeed wasting a slot and was ignoring my telling her to not do that (it was 16v16, so server was indeed full). I kicked her with reason "wasting slot" immediately after that, as shown in events log: "PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:00:23 PM Disconnected"

She came back a couple seconds later, and I spoke using admin chat (so it's not logged in chat), as she was, naturally, upset about being kicked:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:01:44 PM UGC Ms Xena Thank you very much.
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:01:40 PM UGC Ms Xena I have been playing.

I believe she was replying to me saying I kicked her for wasting a slot. After she said, "I have been playing. Thank you very much," I said something like (and this is paraphrased, as I don't remember word-for-word), "It's possible I was wrong, and you were playing, but I asked you to stop, and you simply ignored me and said you could do what you wanted."

That's when she replied with:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 09:02:13 PM UGC Ms Xena Whatevver. Power hungry.

My apologies for typing that in admin chat that time, as, sadly, admin chat is not logged.

As Zebra already pointed out:
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:47 PM Killed by TheStrawman with obj_sentrygun3
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:44 PM Killed EAR BITTER with tf_projectile_arrow
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:59:25 PM Killed by turtle tamer with sniperrifle
PAYLOAD+ | US | Fast 08/14/2016 - 08:58:27 PM Killed by FitBuffalo with tf_projectile_rocket

She does appear to have been playing/dying shown above. That, however, is not what I saw when I continually saw her in spawn, along with her saying, "I can waste a spot if I want to."

Now, the only thing here that could have gone differently is this:
I could have gone to spec, seen if she continued to complain about the map and not play, waited a solid 3+ minutes to see if it continued, then kicked her. I, of course, chose to simply go off seeing her in spawn for that minute+, typing and complaining about the map, and essentially saying, "I can waste a spot if I want," and I took that as plenty of evidence of her not playing.

--

I apologize for kicking you, when, based off logs, it did appear you were playing; however, I do not appreciate you painting a completely one-sided picture without attempting to explain your side of the story, because all I got that night was, "fuck off. I donate, so I do what I want." I actually recall saying in admin chat, "While we definitely appreciate your donation, it does not mean you are allowed to waste a slot." When a server is 32/32, you're complaining about the map being horrible, and I am continually seeing you in spawn typing for over a minute, as well as you telling me you can waste a slot if you want, this was a clear signal to me that you were wasting the slot when plenty of other people would love to come on PL US, regardless of the map. I hope you can see how your words and actions appeared to me, and why I did what I did. You weren't banned or silenced or anything; it was simply a kick as a warning to please stop.

--

Lastly, I have not even played on GR LA in probably a month, and I definitely haven't played with TCA Engy in longer than that. He has a history of telling people I am a bitch and this and that when I'm not even there, and I have not even played with him lately. The other regs do come to tell me that. I do not appreciate your attempt to slander my reputation by joining on this bandwagon (and without proof), when I have not even played with you in a while, I have never kicked for no reason, and you have a history of not liking me. You sound more like you're trying to slander me, rather than trying to add anything constructive to this conversation.

--

Let me know if you have any further questions about the incident, Xena, but I hope you can see, as shown above, why I did what I did, and that it was not for no reason, as it appeared to me.

Reactions: Toxik

Sakiko

Contributor
As we tell all users Record
Now, the only thing here that could have gone differently is this:
I could have gone to spec, seen if she continued to complain about the map and not play, waited a solid 3+ minutes to see if it continued, then kicked her. I, of course, chose to simply go off seeing her in spawn for that minute+, typing and complaining about the map, and essentially saying, "I can waste a spot if I want," and I took that as plenty of evidence of her not playing.

You can never trust everyone is saying the facts as you hear them, If you expect to be a admin you got to take the fact you wont play all the time and wasted 3 minutes get a demo have proof then taken action.

I have killed my self many times in death run or other games gone spec and watched yeah it sucks but i know the fact of what i am doing will hold up if appeal is made.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

You can never trust everyone is saying the facts as you hear them, If you expect to be a admin you got to take the fact you wont play all the time and wasted 3 minutes get a demo have proof then taken action.

I have killed my self many times in death run or other games gone spec and watched yeah it sucks but i know the fact of what i am doing will hold up if appeal is made.
I always get demos in ban/silence cases, but I saw no reason to get a demo for a kick, which was simply a warning, but, yeah, I guess I'll have to record demos of kicks from now on.

Sakiko

Contributor
You never know who will complain and take issue with something allways worth it and demos record voice as well as chat / admin chat so all this could of been answered by HERE IS DEMO of what happend and then explain

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Congratulations, you just literally quoted her whole post in response to my quote. Mind boggled.
I'm still waiting to see the evidence you claim to have. But that's just me.

Chat logs can be used as evidence, though. If someone's chat log shows that someone is being racist or something like that, why would an admin need to get a demo? And I kind of have to agree with RMSniper on this one. If it's just a kick for someone being AFK and the chat logs prove it, why waste time getting a demo of that? If it was a ban or mute/gag, yeah I'd like to see a demo. But this was just a kick and it seems like RMSniper is in the right on this one.

Also, I don't understand how one kick equals to power hungry.

Fairnessplease

Chat logs can be used as evidence, though. If someone's chat log shows that someone is being racist or something like that, why would an admin need to get a demo? And I kind of have to agree with RMSniper on this one. If it's just a kick for someone being AFK and the chat logs prove it, why waste time getting a demo of that? If it was a ban or mute/gag, yeah I'd like to see a demo. But this was just a kick and it seems like RMSniper is in the right on this one.

Renegade, I agree with you that chatlogs can be used as evidence. For example, racism. But this case does not apply to this. If RMsniper had VIDEO PROOF of her not doing anything then fine, I'd be out. But because there is no video proof and only chat, and not only that, but she was also active due to the kill feed, I don't agree with the kick at all. In this case, she was NOT racist, so I have no idea what your talking about.

Sakiko

Contributor

Because the kill feed proves they killed someone 40seconds before kick and the argument here is RMS saying she said xyz over the admin chat and there is no proof of this and no proof they was sitting in spawn at the time of the kick which killfeed shows otherwise.

For racism and other stuff that is clear cut but things that can be unsure of its worth a demo the best EYES on the rule breach and stand there and say yes 100% i seen them in spawn doing nothing

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Renegade, I agree with you that chatlogs can be used as evidence. For example, racism. But this case does not apply to this. If RMsniper had VIDEO PROOF of her not doing anything then fine, I'd be out. But because there is no video proof and only chat, and not only that, but she was also active due to the kill feed, I don't agree with the kick at all. In this case, she was NOT racist, so I have no idea what your talking about.
You're missing the point. If the chat log and kill feed clearly show that this person that RMSniper kicked was indeed being AFK, why would there be a need for video evidence?

There is also a rule that clearly says "not helping your team is not allowed". So if this person was just sitting in spawn not doing anything, would that not be against the rules?

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You're missing the point. If the chat log and kill feed clearly show that this person that RMSniper kicked was indeed being AFK, why would there be a need for video evidence?

There is also a rule that clearly says "not helping your team is not allowed". So if this person was just sitting in spawn not doing anything, would that not be against the rules?
The chat and kill feed clearly show that this person was NOT AFK. And it seems like she was kicked because she made RMSniper mad.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Siren

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I meant I can waste a slot aka play if I wanted too. Not actually sitting there doing nothing. I am constantly playing. I play there daily. Of course people take that the wrong way and I apologize but at the time I was unaware who I was talking to. I was unaware at the serious of the situation until she kicked me. I think my point was rather clear in my complaint. I don't feel like it was justified.

Bob 74

Mildly Menacing Medic
When the whole situation went down, i was there playing. At first it did seem like Xena was afking but i did later realize that she was just typing in the chat. This lead to RmSniper kicking Xena because she thought Xena was taking up a player slot. After Xena left, RmSniper did feel like she had opted for the kick option too early and she should've verbaly diffused the whole situation.

Xena and RM are both of my friends, so I see both sides of their story. I am not sure this is a case of a "power hungry admin" but simply someone who did not take the time to get the whole story, which led to Xena feeling mistreated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toxik

Fairnessplease

When the whole situation went down, i was there playing. At first it did seem like Xena was afking but i did later realize that she was just typing in the chat. This lead to RmSniper kicking Xena because she thought Xena was taking up a player slot. After Xena left, RmSniper did feel like she had opted for the kick option too early and she should've verbaly diffused the whole situation.

Xena and RM are both of my friends, so I see both sides of their story. I am not sure this is a case of a "power hungry admin" but simply someone who did not take the time to get the whole story, which led to Xena feeling mistreated.

How does someone see 40 seconds as afk? It seems that your just posting just to back her up. It's wrong, if I'm typing and standing still I hope I don't get kicked. You don't have to be there to know what's going on. The evidence is the chat logs. Just because you were there, doesn't mean anything here is going to change. I can get a random person off the server and say the samething.. and they could be lying because they are not involved in the situation.

Edit: I was right, that Ninja edit. I won't be able to reply till a few hours, I have to go to my tutor job. I'll be back later

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It was just a kick, the OP is a donator and can reconnect. Kicking is a warning, it doesn't even go on record. There was a reason for the kick, I personally would have set you on fire.

"I am a donator and can waste a slot" < what kind of talk is this? sounds like a power hungry donator trying to abuse their donor status.

I was unaware at the serious of the situation until she kicked me
Now you are aware.. as I said kicking is a warning, none of your human rights have been violated.
at the time I was unaware who I was talking to
That might teach you not to make cocky statements.

I've seen and read enough, this is clearly a witch hunt now, as neither op or rmsniper were breaking any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.