Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Many people can go here and exploit it. It breaks the game After the next round it will say Server crash detected! Trying to prevent it! multiple times
Oh also, It crashed half players they got an engine error crash reason.

1679505213571.png
image.png

The second screenshot breaks the game and people refused to die. They're trolling and friendly for fun. so people can rtv
If the mapper fixes this map It will go back to the newer version fixed.

It amazes me that people will pick this map and then when this shit happens, they will start complaining and act all shocked. Like what did these people expect was gonna happen when this map was picked? But I do agree that the mapper needs to fix this. +1

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
It amazes me that people will pick this map and then when this shit happens, they will start complaining and act all shocked. Like what did these people expect was gonna happen when this map was picked? But I do agree that the mapper needs to fix this. +1
worMatty replied: "Any ideas how to do this?" and then I replied. I'm waiting for a reply.

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
I'm not the mapper but I am a friend of his. I asked how to do it but you just said "Multiple people go in the booth at once." I have a hard time believing it's that simple, but if you're telling me that's all there is to it then I suppose I'll pass that on. But is there not some trick to it? Some timing involved? It seems odd that Werewolf would miss something like this.

Werewolf

Mildly Menacing Medic
Mapper
However, in dr_bank_v12a It works perfectly.
This shouldn't be possible. if you look at the v13 change log, you should notice I never updated that booth at all. The only difference is that v13 was compiled in a newer version of the game than v12a was. In fact, I haven't needed to touch the mechanism for the booth in several versions.

There is a known bug in TF2 where func_door's appear to move beyond their set positions, which I was made aware of because of the doors to the booth. But then other people noticed the same issue in other maps. I reasoned there wasn't anything I needed to fix. If there is anything to fix, the TF2 devs are the only ones able to.

However, I will admit that because I haven't updated the logic for the booth for a few versions, it may be possible to use better or more efficient logic to make it work as intended. VScript might be the obvious move here but I am not a coder so I would either have to learn how to do so, or ask someone else to add in the desired functionality.

So yes, I will try to fix this issue, but please don't expect it to happen quickly. I no longer actively map as I work a full time job so don't have the time I used to dedicate to mapping.

Reactions: worMatty and Sore