WhatAmI

Uncharitable Spy
Sorry for any grammar mistakes, i'm not that good with english.
The BFB needs to be restricted because it can be easily exploited for the speed increase during fight minigames and the beginning of dr_ancient_memes (where you can directly hurt hale).

How Exploitable It Is

In the demo, hale activates the first 2 traps in ancient memes and the scout easily outruns the speed in which the trap pulls you in, and if the red team picks the fight minigame, scout can just run infinitely with hale never being able to catch up, that's why it needs to be restricted.

Pot Head Wabbit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
still an issue in a ton of maps, any map with a fight minigame, or an area will hale can get shot is prone to being exploited with bfb, it effects quite a bit more than just 1 map unfortunately.
I understand that, but it is drastic because banning the weapon would affect all maps when only one map has the problem. The designer chose to let the reds shoot the blue guy, ignorant or knowing of the consequences. It's an issue with the map, not the game mode. You may wish to use this weapon in an actual fight, so removing it outright would spoil that.

Sir Trooper

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Mapper
than what do you suggest we do, just treat as an exploit and report everyone who abuses it, or as a use it or lose it game mechanic? Intended or not it allows you to completely bypass the first two traps of the map and for players who aren't using the bfb these traps are guaranteed death; how do you even begin to balance that.
Straight out lie, demos can use charge to beat the speed of the trigger_push and make it out alive.

WhatAmI

Uncharitable Spy
Straight out lie, demos can use charge to beat the speed of the trigger_push and make it out alive.
Even with that logic, there's a reason why they have a (really) long cooldown after using their charge, scouts just get that speed boost for free, for the whole round.
It's incredibly frustrating when the last player is a bfb user and insists on fighting hale when they barely do any damage to his hp, by that point, they're just stalling the game and can't get voteslayed due to trolls purposely voting no to stall the game further.

• Dumb
Reactions: TheEventGuy

crubf

Mildly Menacing Medic
currently using the BFB on ancient memes and it seems to be a reskinned scattergun now - the boost meter is present but doesn't fill and I move as fast as if I had a scattergun on, so i guess this was implemented

WhatAmI

Uncharitable Spy
currently using the BFB on ancient memes and it seems to be a reskinned scattergun now - the boost meter is present but doesn't fill and I move as fast as if I had a scattergun on, so i guess this was implemented
Yeah, some people commented on it now, guess this can be marked as approved

• Dumb
Reactions: TheEventGuy

SIS

Uncharitable Spy
Whats the point of restricting this weapon when it really only becomes abused on like 1 or 2 maps? Even if it does get abused by someone there is always the vote menu to weed them out (or slay hale if there's more than one of them) or just kill them with traps while you're Hale. In this case should we ban the shields because of the amount of skips and trimps you can do on maps. To me this just seems like a waste of time removing this weapon, especially when it only gets abused on a couple maps on the map pool. (The demo part is satire).

arctic dino

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
Whats the point of restricting this weapon when it really only becomes abused on like 1 or 2 maps? Even if it does get abused by someone there is always the vote menu to weed them out (or slay hale if there's more than one of them) or just kill them with traps while you're Hale. In this case should we ban the shields because of the amount of skips and trimps you can do on maps. To me this just seems like a waste of time removing this weapon, especially when it only gets abused on a couple maps on the map pool. (The demo part is satire).
"Whats the point of restricting this weapon when it really only becomes abused on like 1 or 2 maps?"
The maps the boost is abused on (dr_ancient_memes and dr_raiders) have excessively long timers. And unlike dr_supermarket there's no control point for RED to try and capture when fighting Hale

"Even if it does get abused by someone there is always the vote menu to weed them out"
Doesn't work most of the time because there will always be people who vote "no".

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

SIS

Uncharitable Spy
"Whats the point of restricting this weapon when it really only becomes abused on like 1 or 2 maps?"
The maps the boost is abused on (dr_ancient_memes and dr_raiders) have excessively long timers. And unlike dr_supermarket there's no control point for RED to try and capture when fighting Hale

"Even if it does get abused by someone there is always the vote menu to weed them out"
Doesn't work most of the time because there will always be people who vote "no".
Of course there will be people who vote for no, but 9/10 the votes will pass and really only fail if there are multiple people abusing the weapon or not enough people are voting which rarely happens from my experience (I've really only seen this happen 4 times so both of them not that big of a problem).
As for raiders and ancient memes, you can just simply slay them with ease. Also isn't it not that hard to just not abuse the weapon on those maps? To me it just seems useless when the pros of preventing this heavily outweigh the cons in this situation due to how rare these methods are likely to fail, especially when its only on like 2 maps out of like 30? I don't know but I just think we shouldn't restrict the weapon because of this.

WhatAmI

Uncharitable Spy
Of course there will be people who vote for no, but 9/10 the votes will pass and really only fail if there are multiple people abusing the weapon or not enough people are voting which rarely happens from my experience (I've really only seen this happen 4 times so both of them not that big of a problem).
As for raiders and ancient memes, you can just simply slay them with ease. Also isn't it not that hard to just not abuse the weapon on those maps? To me it just seems useless when the pros of preventing this heavily outweigh the cons in this situation due to how rare these methods are likely to fail, especially when its only on like 2 maps out of like 30? I don't know but I just think we shouldn't restrict the weapon because of this.
If you read the previous posts you would actually know the problem is also on every map with a fight minigame, and some people often pick that to troll.