courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
A very fun add-on that is featured in a lot of fun servers i frequent. I believe it would be a really nice silly little thing to add to the donator perks. Would almost certainly attract a lot more donators, as i've noticed a lot of donators to other servers (Police Fortress, the late TF2-T, etc) donated solely to resize their character. Just figured it'd be a neat little feature to add that could also bring in a small amount of additional server support.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I am not in favor of adding it as a donator perk, having miniatures running around permanently (as long as they are in their donator time). Even tho trade is no competetive server I can see people getting frustrated about being killed by these people with mini-hitboxes. This would only be fun for donators and nobody else.
This is something I could see added to rtd (roll the dice) with its 20 seconds of duration. As a random roll.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I am not in favor of adding it as a donator perk, having miniatures running around permanently (as long as they are in their donator time). Even tho trade is no competetive server I can see people getting frustrated about being killed by these people with mini-hitboxes. This would only be fun for donators and nobody else.
This is something I could see added to rtd (roll the dice) with its 20 seconds of duration. As a random roll.

It already is on the rtd feature (mini player models and big heads if I recall correctly). I would have to say that keeping it as a rtd feature would be best, since people complain about idle and trade being "unfair" enough as it is.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
It already is on the rtd feature (mini player models and big heads if I recall correctly). I would have to say that keeping it as a rtd feature would be best, since people complain about idle and trade being "unfair" enough as it is.
Big head is on the RTD, but mini isn't.

Also, you could implement it like the servers that scale down damage while you're in small form. Makes it a lot less frustrating.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I know mini was once in the rtd some years ago but I thought I suggested it be disabled because engineers were using it to exploit into spawn and they would get their entire team teleported in and spawn camp the daylights out of the place

I assume adding mini back in would pose the same problem unless it was somehow fixed

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
@Blade D_Hero Resize is no longer in rtd on trade servers. For more than a year, if not even longer. It is still able to be rolled on the idle server tho.
--------------
@Meowcenary
Pipebomb..:
Actually, and I am going a little offtopic now, this is interesting because I always see these "its trade/idle, why do you whine"-phrases from fellow admins that get me to cringe as in bending server rules to the max. Yet apparently there was a feature removed (resize) that allowed to exploit. I know Phoenix Wright would be unable to sit tight on his chair and outright yell "Objection!" now, because this actually contradicts what I often read here. This makes me wonder why on one hand, there is enough spirit to remove this feature to reduce/zero exploiting, but on the other hand not deal with problems like this one guy suggested a few days ago (engineers entering enemy spawn), which is coincidentially just the very same thing mentioned by Meowcenary.
https://www.skial.com/threads/blu-should-not-be-allowed-to-enter-red-spawn.67425/

Anyone that knows me, knows that the least I appreciate are double morales. And this is a great example of it. In no way am I criticizing Meowcenary, actually I am endorsing to reduce exploitation on these servers. I hate cats but I like Meowcenary.

My monologue is over now, if you want to pick up on what I said you can tag it to unmod. I will go back ontopic now for Courtney's sake.
----------------------

Engineers have already found and shared their experiences into entering the enemies spawns thanks to the grapple hook feature by now. And it'd appears a little dubious to remove the one thing (resize) but keep the other (grapple hook). And since I am not in favor of removing things people obviously like (trade is always filled), i'd rather have resize added back to rtd (if that is an option). If they can enter the enemy spawn with resize, it would not make any difference to the situation there now anyways. Not that it makes it any better tho.

Last edited:

Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
FirePowered's trade servers have shrunken player models as a donor perk, but it also disables damage (donating also comes with Buddha mode, making this less of an issue). Also, those servers has a plugin that automatically kills players that get into enemy spawn. A similar setup here might be worth considering.