Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Summarize plz

What I understood from the article, one of the lead DoTA workers Icefrog, was working at a different company, S2 games, and he published a game that was very similar to DoTA, and is now taking profits from both games.

I think.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
What I understood from the article, one of the lead DoTA workers Icefrog, was working at a different company, S2 games, and he published a game that was very similar to DoTA, and is now taking profits from both games.

I think.

S2 games has my support for offering DRM-Free, F2P, cross platform games. Too bad not many people play them (Well maybe HoN, but its competitor (Dota2) is taking away quite a few players from that game).

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So Valve hires sketchy, anti-social, unoriginal devs without checking their background?

Looks like I've got a job application to write.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
(Well maybe HoN, but its competitor (Dota2) is taking away quite a few players from that game).

According to the article, both games are pretty much the same. If HoN offers some better features for the same gameplay, I'd assume more people would play HoN instead of DoTA.

I'm guessing that isn't the case, but why?

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
According to the article, both games are pretty much the same. If HoN offers some better features for the same gameplay, I'd assume more people would play HoN instead of DoTA.

I'm guessing that isn't the case, but why?

Lack of marketing, S2 isn't the biggest company, but since they've ported their games to all 3 platforms, they have stated that they have helped sales when Savage/Savage 2 weren't f2p. They've also stated that they wouldn't release their games on Steam due to DRM stuff, which is pretty cool.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
lol. Basically ALL MOBA games have the same group of 6 or 7 people working on them. Icefrog has worked on DotA, HoN, DotA 2. Guinsoo worked on DotA, DotA all-stars, LoL. Pendragon has worked on LoL and DotA all-stars. It's not really a big deal.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
but what is the main thing you was researching for?

General bullshit 'n shit. If there's something that I'm somewhat interested in, I'd most likely get into it. Why? Because the history as to how something became that specific something shows some form of interest and eventually passion, which is why some people are either loving something or hating something. It'll either go down in history or it might not ever die down.

JonJon

Legendary Skial King
General bullshit 'n shit. If there's something that I'm somewhat interested in, I'd most likely get into it. Why? Because the history as to how something became that specific something shows some form of interest and eventually passion, which is why some people are either loving something or hating something. It'll either go down in history or it might not ever die down.
Well, i'm a beginner so I need to learn with trade,characters, & learn how to fight in matches
I kinda suck now

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
lol. Basically ALL MOBA games have the same group of 6 or 7 people working on them. Icefrog has worked on DotA, HoN, DotA 2. Guinsoo worked on DotA, DotA all-stars, LoL. Pendragon has worked on LoL and DotA all-stars. It's not really a big deal.
Wasn't there some stupid law battle between Valve and Blizzard over the rights to DotA or something a while back because they were using the same devs to create the game?

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Wasn't there some stupid law battle between Valve and Blizzard over the rights to DotA or something a while back because they were using the same devs to create the game?

Yeah, it was all because of the name DOTA. Valve now owns it and Blizzard had to change the end of the name of the game from DOTA to All Stars or somethin'.

Reactions: bunnyf00d

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
So in other words he is getting profits from both games that he worked on. That does not bother me...

It's not about that, it's about how he got them. Most people don't care but some people do. It depends on what your views are on what's moral and what's not. To me it's somewhat bothersome.