Wata

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Summary Wearables, backpack counting has a cosmetic. Medic and Soldier

Detailed Explanation
Since the wearable plugin has been modified, i encountered this weird interaction.
The plugin work fine, however, if you use the Quick-fix with the medic, or any banners of the soldier, it will count has a cosmetic. Here are the examples. PS : I am donator, i should have 4 items slots.

I start from a total stock soldier with nothing on him but taunts. I will add 1 of my real items, aswell as 2 skials items for a total of 3.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Now, everything is fine. But, i will now use a 2nd item of mine, a real one and equip it.

unknown.png

As you can see, i have 2 real items and 2 skials, for a total of 4 items, as a donator, my limit is 4, everything work good as intended.

However.
If i now equip in my secondaries, any banners (Shotguns work good) Now the plugin will tell me i have 5 items. And is now removing one.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Here we go. The plugin think the little "backpack" of the banners is actally a cosmetic and think i have 5 cosmetics. The funny thing is, If the banner is the last item equipped, and then, i remove and add once again one of my item, the plugin will remove the latest item equipped in our case, the banner, so, the backpack banner is removed but, i still can use the banner.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Also, this is the same problem with the Medic's Quick-Fix, because the model used for the backpack is not the same as stock minigun or even kritzkrieg, and the plugin may think the quick-fix backpack is a cosmetic aswell. Like soldier, it may even remove the backpack even with the Quick-fix equipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: tobi1

FrozenFirebug

Mildly Menacing Medic
Summary New cosmetic item limiter on Surf (and I would assume other servers) is arbitrarily removing my cosmetics.

Detailed Explanation
It says I have 4/3 items equipped, and randomly removing one of my cosmetics, even though I'm not using the server-side cosmetics system at all.

I believe it's bugging out due to the Duck Journal, and possibly other things in that slot such as Noisemakers, mistakenly counting as cosmetic items.

If this is intentional, it is asinine, seeing as you can equip this many things by default.

Please fix. It's really fucking annoying seeing that message pop up every time I die.

Wata

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Summary New cosmetic item limiter on Surf (and I would assume other servers) is arbitrarily removing my cosmetics.

Detailed Explanation
It says I have 4/3 items equipped, and randomly removing one of my cosmetics, even though I'm not using the server-side cosmetics system at all.

I believe it's bugging out due to the Duck Journal, and possibly other things in that slot such as Noisemakers, mistakenly counting as cosmetic items.

If this is intentional, it is asinine, seeing as you can equip this many things by default.

Please fix. It's really fucking annoying seeing that message pop up every time I die.
Does this happen when you use the Quick-fix, or any soldier's banners, or even the demoman Parachute ?

FrozenFirebug

Mildly Menacing Medic
Does this happen when you use the Quick-fix, or any soldier's banners, or even the demoman Parachute ?
It was affecting Sniper and Soldier. My secondaries were the Panic Attack, Gunboats, & Danger Shield. I thought it was moreso related to the Duck Journal rather than weapons that provide a cosmetic effect, due to having a shotgun and it still not working properly, though it didn't affect other classes, so who knows.