tyson_ticklenut

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Summary not on source bans but banned

Detailed Explanation
today i joined a zombie escape server and found i was disconnected quickly and i was banned, i went and tested this on other servers to no avail however im not even on source bans AT ALL. so therefore i cant write a ban appeal without a proper link towards a ban that apparently doesn't exist

Reactions: spicy_cherrys

spicy_cherrys

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Summary im not on source bans but it says im banned

Detailed Explanation
i joined a zombie escape sever today and it says im banned i tryed other severs as well it still says im banned ok so i try to look me up on source bans im not there i tryed with my steam id and still i could not find myself

Reactions: tyson_ticklenut

Bottiger

Administrator
You are joining from a relatively new account from an IP detected as a VPN.

I have rearranged the code so the kick with this reason should show up first but any subsequent connections will say you are added to a ban list. There is a 1 minute ban on the ip to prevent connection spam with a VPN.

tyson you are connecting from Microplex from which there is a serial cheater repeatedly making new accounts to dodge bans, and spicy you are connecting from t-mobile which allows cheaters to easily change ips.

tyson_ticklenut

Scarcely Lethal Noob

I have rearranged the code so the kick with this reason should show up first but any subsequent connections will say you are added to a ban list. There is a 1 minute ban on the ip to prevent connection spam with a VPN.
sounds good, thanks alot for your time and effort. from hearing this i should be able to connect to any servers right?

Bottiger

Administrator
No that just means you should see the reason for your kick the first time you connect instead of a generic message.

I bumped the account age limit down a little bit for vpn detected ips. Maybe you can connect now, but if you can't then we're not willing to change it.

In order to protect ourselves from cheaters we need to draw the line somewhere.

spicy_cherrys

Scarcely Lethal Noob
not really helping but just to add on the same issue happened

tyson you are connecting from Microplex from which there is a serial cheater repeatedly making new accounts to dodge bans, and spicy you are connecting from t-mobile which allows cheaters to easily change ips.
alr but could i just change my wifi connection and am i able to still join tho or do i gotta do something else? like ban appeal or something?

tyson_ticklenut

Scarcely Lethal Noob
No that just means you should see the reason for your kick the first time you connect instead of a generic message.

I bumped the account age limit down a little bit for vpn detected ips. Maybe you can connect now, but if you can't then we're not willing to change it.

In order to protect ourselves from cheaters we need to draw the line somewhere.
long story short i can connect i just found it weird i was banned today cus i probs have 20-30 hours on skial atleast

Bottiger

Administrator
long story short i can connect i just found it weird i was banned today cus i probs have 20-30 hours on skial atleast
The VPN scanner was restarted so the age limit was reset to an old and lower value. We reserve the right to change the limit as we see fit.

Your account is relatively new which is why it did not meet the cut off when we restarted the vpn checker.

tyson_ticklenut

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The VPN scanner was restarted so the age limit was reset to an old and lower value. We reserve the right to change the limit as we see fit.

Your account is relatively new which is why it did not meet the cut off when we restarted the vpn checker.
I understand these rules and wish to thank you for your effort for resolving this

Sunriser

Unremarkable User

I've been on skial for about a year now and I too received the uncalled ban. Can't go on the 2Fort to hang out as usual. I do use VPN I'll be honest. How can I get "unbanned"? Especially since I'm not even on ban list and can't even appeal? I checked the ban list and I'm not even up there. It's frustrating to say the least.