Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
A lot of people have asked for it to be changed to the new, shorter version.

Update #2 [dr_baby_pirate_adventure] [11/09/14]
  • Map is now easier and shorter (reduced 21 traps to 15).
  • The ladders are now working normally.

Ordingandr said he has a fix3b version and will upload it on here soon.

Last edited:

Ordingandr

Unremarkable User
Yes, please do, the new version is very bad, considering that most of the players on EU skial dr are free to play's they dont make it very far in the map, also, the map bearun is extremely hard and should be changed to a new map or taken off the map list. I have the old version of pirate adventure downloaded so I can re upload it for use on the server, also, to replace bearun I also have minecraftworld_skial_2 which was a very popular map, both by people who just vote it because its minecraft and the more experienced players as it was a fun map.

Last edited:

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
90% of players die before they even get to the 4th trap, so +1. I'm not even sure why the baby version was removed in the first place.

Ordingandr

Unremarkable User
Okay, so I looked at the map that Cream posted, its not the same as the original one that was on skial last year, so here is a link ive made for the map @Bottiger

-https://mega.nz/#F!4h8DlR7Y!9iuXsUzX5NOi06EKcD23fQ

When you load the link all you have to do is right click the file called dr_baby_pirate_adventure_fix3b and download as .zip, thank you for taking the time to do this

Bottiger

Administrator
Our statistics show that it is popular. Maybe it isn't a good fit for our audience but I'd like to try it for longer before thinking about removing it. We had baby pirate before but it is not popular anymore.

I am seeing a trend here that people are requesting easier maps, and most of the time when I am watching, hale loses. Is this what most people really prefer?

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Is this what most people really prefer?

The maps that are easy to win as a runner are generally more popular than the tough maps. Other than that, the theme of the map would determine popularity as well.
mario_b3 and minecraftworld_skial were both played extensively back when they used to be on the server and both were very easy to win on as a runner. If it's not easy to win, then it at least shouldn't be near impossible for less skilled players to make it, which is the case with this map.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well our statistics show that it is popular, and mario_b3 is not popular anymore. Minecraftworld has a high population but a low pick count, it would probably decrease if I added it back to the rotation.

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
Well, people tend to get bored of playing the same maps constantly. I don't even know why people vote pirate adventure though, considering most don't even make it 25% through.

Come to think of it, mario_b3 and minecraftworld had most players die as well with only the good players making it to the end. The difference with pirate adventure is that the map is so long, you don't stand a chance at winning unless it's a freerun.