MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
to mask your teams presence to get by traps or bait him into triggering a trap it works wonders! : )

kirb

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
to mask your teams presence to get by traps or bait him into triggering a trap it works wonders! : )
its mostly used to blind your teammates in minigames like spinner to kill them instead of helping

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
That's never killed me before. You can just walk out of the smokes range like to the leftmost side of the spinner table where the spinner blade/laser will take longest to get to you which gives you ample time to jump over it and the smoke will likely disperse by then.

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
incidentally its worth noting that 2-4 players die on the first spin of the blade even without the presence of active /smoke

kirb

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
what im trying to say is that pyros barely use the command to help their team and instead use it to troll and take the piss out of people. They are very common in dr_lazytown_xmas

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Its tough to care about the team when most of them die on the first 3 traps anyway and why it even matters on a super easy map like lazytown is beyond me.

Costa

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Even if people supposedly die really soon, it's not a valid excuse to make their lives even worse. no one, really no one uses the smoke bomb to hide from hale or launch a suprise attack or something.

This smoke bomb problem should not be a "game feature", it shouldn't be something we have to deal with, why make something harder when it wasn't supposed to be, like jumping on tiny platforms that have smoke on them (e.g dr_bearun first section) it's not a huge deal but sometimes people mess up and the smoke bomb just makes that easier, no one wants to die because someone put a smoke bomb for funni ecks dee moment.

It's true that you can wait for the smoke to go out and you can also kind of see through the smoke, but it's dumb to wait.

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I never see you on Deathrun anymore so I don't know how much merit your statement" ".no one, really no one uses the smoke bomb to hide from hale or launch a surprise attack or something" has. In the 1 - 3 (if I'm lucky and my friends decide to get on more actually 4 or 5) days I play Deathrun per week for over 3-4 maps worth of time I have witnessed Pyros actually attempt to use it to sneak past Hale. The notion that they can use smoke for an advantage is presented to them at the start of the round in the chatbox which they will see as there's a lot more to take in from chat.

Such as when Hales may announce if they are going to do a freerun or if its possible to see if a Hale is afk. As I said anyway this problem barely exists if there's enough players dumb enough to fall victim to early traps and literally any jump hurdle without smoke. Bearun can start with 20+ players and at least 3-6 will fail a jump naturally and when smoke is deployed to troll a jump hurdle you'll actually see groups of players giving pause and waiting for the smoke to end and if any player wishes to challenge the smoke then that's their own choice in the matter. If you can give better examples of smoke being a detriment other than a super wide spinner table and bearun jump hurdles that require caution already and only those who are pro can successfully speed jump through. _and you and me both know who they usually are_ I'd like to hear them.

Also I'd like to know why you suddenly care about this topic..I don't see you online on DR anymore unless you're avoiding Poles and our gang for some reason LOL and be honest with me and say you've never schadenfreuded when players died stupidly no matter what the context of their death.