Water!

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Bottiger says "Not to say supermarkey is "bad" but we have high standards for the maps we use" And yet, Breadland, boomershooter, gayrun, ancient memes, bazinga, office, lazytown, supermonkey ball, valve, trump tower exist. The maps that got removed where literally some of the only "good maps" still remaining.... and yet bazinga gets re added and supermonkey ball and ancient memes hasnt been removed yet....

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
If you want a map removed tell the server to stop voting for it when it comes up for map change. If it’s frequently being voted for it’s more than just a coincidence

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I like how the thread title is phrased like he wants us to remove some maps and then re-add the same maps

• Haha
Reactions: s9491

Water!

I like how the thread title is phrased like he wants us to remove some maps and then re-add the same maps

no... you remove the maps that nobody likes and re-add the maps that you took away for no reason

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Skial keeps maps that are played a lot and deletes maps that are not. Its not going to change but you can always try a suggestion thread to re-add a particular map you want.

The Best Bast

Oh, and out of the 29 maps that you can nominate, 6 of them are actually good.
I understand that some maps being removed are a bummer, and as one of the most regular players of the server, even if I'm content with certain decisions (the return of Undertale, Spinner being removed), it's entirely negated by the removal of Technoir and Outrun (Bearun's is sad as well, but more understandable since it's very rarely picked and people often complain when it is, regulars and casuals alike). It completely puts me off, more especially when Fall Guys, Waterrun and "new" Cocainum are still a thing (I don't like the Roblox map and Nighttown either but they seem to keep the server full since that seems to be a condition).

But as revolted as I am, with this post and the amount of maps you quoted, many of which are popular, well-liked, and can easily be voted for a few times in a half-day, - and God I wouldn't want that to change and I'm probably not the only one - it just sounds like you need to change servers.

Edit : nevermind, it's old Cocainum making its return and the new one being a goner, that can join the list of positive things.

Last edited:

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
no... you remove the maps that nobody likes and re-add the maps that you took away for no reason
order of operations apply. you want us to remove some maps for no reason, which puts them at the top of the list of maps "removed for no reason", then you want maps readded, which logically starts with the ones just removed

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

Bottiger

Administrator
Maps are added or removed based on how popular they are. If your favorite maps are removed, they became unpopular.

If an unpopular map was not removed for a while like spinner, it was because for the past few months we just added maps and didn't remove any to see if it would be better. I also just made a program to automatically list which maps to add and remove so I didn't have look up the popularity of each map 1 by 1 which was prone to rare mistakes.

Last edited: