sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
its annoying when all demos do is wait for a charge and jump over the trap. makes the game less fun for hale, and the dead people. Its just unfair and broken in most maps, especially horrors and block.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
but it doesn't matter. because it's deathrun. you dont even need weapons
I agree. But people like seeing their custom loadouts, etc. So making it melee only would just cause a shitstorm.
We only need shields disabled, sandviches, fishcakes, dalokah's bar,
and the engineer on 1 or 2 maps. Every other class is fine.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I agree. But people like seeing their custom loadouts, etc. So making it melee only would just cause a shitstorm.
We only need shields disabled, sandviches, fishcakes, dalokah's bar,
and the engineer on 1 or 2 maps. Every other class is fine.
everything causes a shit storm

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Guys, we're also missing out on a BIG problem.
On some maps, you can get behind the wall that kills you if you take too long. (A dick, train, Trololo face, etc.)

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Guys, we're also missing out on a BIG problem.
On some maps, you can get behind the wall that kills you if you take too long. (A dick, train, Trololo face, etc.)
Yeah, the engineer class needs to be disabled on dr_forest.
There's another one where you can get behind the king, I forget what the map is called though.
Other than those two maps, it's not as bad. Simply reporting them would suffice.

xSh4rk3yx

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
sometimes it is near impossible to catch up to a charging demo man and when you do all the runners behind him can pass 3-4 traps
1) Seriosly? Then you should really begin to get some reflexes. I always leave traps behind to get the chargers and then come back to kill 5-8 people in a row that think the trap is already used.
As i said Death Run isn't supposed to be easy. I play a lot in it and i see only few people having problems with demos.
Learn some strategy instead of staying here to complain.

2) You guys started talking about Horror, mine was just a reply.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
amp for the taunt, and bushwacka breaks that map that's all white to HELL.
they can skip all of the traps AND if they have the cozy camper., heal themselves
oh, factory? They can really only skip a few traps without dying. The cozy camper heals very slowly.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
There's another one where you can get behind the king, I forget what the map is called though.
dr_dust

as for dr_forest, the giant pingas stops before passing the exit, preventing anyone behind it from winning (similar to the train in dr_slay). and if anyone gets behind it before the death doors, they'll die there, since "the mighty boiyoing" (as I've heard it called one time playing) enables a trigger_hurt block (placed to kill anyone by where the logs start) that extends to the main path.

one big problem is that if a medic ubercharges under the helicopter, they glitch through the map and have to suicide (or get slayed). since ubercharge breaks several traps in dr_forest, I suggest disabling them in that map

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
dr_dust

as for dr_forest, the giant pingas stops before passing the exit, preventing anyone behind it from winning (similar to the train in dr_slay). and if anyone gets behind it before the death doors, they'll die there, since "the mighty boiyoing" (as I've heard it called one time playing) enables a trigger_hurt block (placed to kill anyone by where the logs start) that extends to the main path.

one big problem is that if a medic ubercharges under the helicopter, they glitch through the map and have to suicide (or get slayed). since ubercharge breaks several traps in dr_forest, I suggest disabling them in that map
Is it still possible to get behind the train in dr_slay?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is it still possible to get behind the train in dr_slay?
Yes, youy used to be able to use the sandvich, but now medics can do it.
2 medics, 1 pockets the other, the other uses the amp taunt continuously.

Gummy

Unremarkable User
As a frequent demoknight, it's not that bad if the Hale has good reflexes. However, I think we could use a 3-4 demo cap.

Liam839

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
actually gummy has a good point if there was a cap on demos that wouldnt be so bad