sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
its annoying when all demos do is wait for a charge and jump over the trap. makes the game less fun for hale, and the dead people. Its just unfair and broken in most maps, especially horrors and block.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
might want to remove the flare and det as well. since you can just jump over some

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
might want to remove the flare and det as well. since you can just jump over some
True, but at least you have some penalty ( Damage) when as using a shield the only penalty is prolonging the round. And, some maps have it to where if you jump so high (Like Dr forest) you get killed, so at least its block able. and the det/flare become the MegaDetonater

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Agreed, unless there's a way to make the charge build up very slowly.
Leave the flare / detonator, because you get a damage penalty, so you can only do it a few times.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I wouldn't know. Most TF Custom games give me a headache.

That said, all for charge-removal if it's breaking the mode.
Which it is; its really annoying when a demo is sitting there for 5 minutes just to jump over every trap.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
it hasn't been a problem for vsh dr.
the crusader's crossbow is what got dr_assassinate removed from the server.
why it got removed: a demoman can stickyjump on top of the map and skip the whole level, but won't have enough HP needed to stickyjump off and survive the drop to the finish unless a medic heals him with the crossbow

Fishy_Hippos III

Gore-Spattered Heavy
i (personally) think it provides more of a challenge for me timing the demos correctly and watching them run into their dooms! and its always funny when they screw up :p

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
the crusader's crossbow is what got dr_assassinate removed from the server.
why it got removed: a demoman can stickyjump on top of the map and skip the whole level, but won't have enough HP needed to stickyjump off and survive the drop to the finish unless a medic heals him with the crossbow
oh. When did that happen? I don't recall dr_assassinate.

Liam839

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
yeh rockets, sheilds, and flares. the det doesnt seem to be a problem for me

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Get Rid of Rockets too. One time 5 soldiers rocket jumped half of my traps trying to kill them.
design class-proof traps instead of complaining. with thinking like that, everything is going to be disabled eventually.

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
+1. These are the reason DeathRun was seperated from VSH. They made DeathRun too easy, so everyone wanted to play it.
Also remove the Engi class and Chocolate Bars/Sandvitches. If they get stuck in a trap that is supposed to kill you, they can heal themselvs so the game goes on forever.

Liam839

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1. These are the reason DeathRun was seperated from VSH. They made DeathRun too easy, so everyone wanted to play it.
Also remove the Engi class and Chocolate Bars/Sandvitches. If they get stuck in a trap that is supposed to kill you, they can heal themselvs so the game goes on forever.
the suggestion about removal of sandvichs, etc. was approved in a different thread