Taconinja

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I saw this suggested by someone on the server the other day, and I thought it was a good idea so i decided to post it here. I'm not sure if this would make sense for other servers, but anyone who plays on versus saxton hale knows how frustrating this can be. For example, yesterday, we were on crevice, then went to minegay, then someone nominated crevice again, rtv was passed after 2 rounds, and we were right back on crevice. I think if overplayed maps like weapondepot, militaryarea, crevice, and skyhigh were removed from the nomination menu and only came up on the votemenu through rotation, it would help to go to new maps, instead of just the same couple maps over and over again.

Last edited:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
If people want to play on Crevice and vote on it, who are we to tell them no.

I don't think its a good idea to remove popular maps just because the minority want to play on less popular maps.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nah -1. I would like this but the map is being overplayed because people like it, it wouldn't be smart to remove them unless there is a good reason too.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. Removing the popular maps will kill Saxton hale. I used to play Saxton alot, I know its annoying to play the same maps but if it makes just one person unhappy we cant cater to everyone.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
-1 gotta agree with the previous posters. No offense but they are being overplayed for a reason after all.

scrb

-1, although it could be possible to make maps recently played only possible to show in the vote if someone nominates it, and that recently played maps will not display on F1 key

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I hate maps like crevice but people like them which is why they are played often

Removing popular maps is a bad idea for obvious reasons

Taconinja

I wasn't saying remove the maps from the server, just don't allow them to be nominated. I think maybe a better solution would be to implement a voting system such as the Saxton Hell community uses, which doesn't allow the last 5 maps or so that were played to be nominated.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I wasn't saying remove the maps from the server, just don't allow them to be nominated. I think maybe a better solution would be to implement a voting system such as the Saxton Hell community uses, which doesn't allow the last 5 maps or so that were played to be nominated.
What if someone wants to play on a specific map when they just joined. He might have to wait a few hours to finally play on it.
Also some maps are frustrating which make people want to leave

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

If people want to play a certain map and the majority votes for it then that's what the majority wants.

The wants of the majority > the wants of the minority

The other way around is a recipe for a dead server