Mrdjdude

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Frequently when I join skial servers to trade whenever it gets full it kicks me since I am a f2p. It says "f2ps cannot trade". However, this is untrue as f2ps can trade. The plugin that kicks us as of my knowledge was installed to prevent f2ps from wandering into trade servers and not trading. However, I feel most f2ps who enter this "TRADE" server (very clearly marked) are actually traders. There may be exceptions but most of the time it is people who are f2p. This would help a lot of people as the last time I entered the server around 5-6 of the 32 people were marked as "f2ps" and they were all actively trading. I plea Bottinger to reconsider this plugin or fix it to allow f2ps to not get kicked whenever the server nears full (all the time).

Thank you.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Wouldn't it be possible to kick by time in idle? I know trade has a tradeAFK plugin, I was kicked by that myself a few times, and I am not going to complain because it served its purpose. I think that plugin is neat, and it would kick the right people, those that are not actively participating in the trade chat. And if possible, you could still prefer kicking f2p's that are inactive towards premium players. But those actively chatting/trading are going to be untouched.
Would that be worth a consideration?

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
Afks get kicked on trade servers too. The primary purpose of the idle server is to get drops and lounge around and being f2p does not change that. That is why we don't kick f2p on the idle server.
How long does it take to get kicked for being afk?
I've had a few trade sessions where people were really slow or constantly changed their offers, which could take a few minutes.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
How long does it take to get kicked for being afk?
I've had a few trade sessions where people were really slow or constantly changed their offers, which could take a few minutes.

If I'm not mistaken trades won't end even if you or someone else is kicked off. It used to be that way some time ago, but I thought they've since changed that

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Trades are in the overlay. If you start a trade in TF2, the only way it will end besides an error is by closing the game; getting kicked has no effect.