Mrdjdude

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Frequently when I join skial servers to trade whenever it gets full it kicks me since I am a f2p. It says "f2ps cannot trade". However, this is untrue as f2ps can trade. The plugin that kicks us as of my knowledge was installed to prevent f2ps from wandering into trade servers and not trading. However, I feel most f2ps who enter this "TRADE" server (very clearly marked) are actually traders. There may be exceptions but most of the time it is people who are f2p. This would help a lot of people as the last time I entered the server around 5-6 of the 32 people were marked as "f2ps" and they were all actively trading. I plea Bottinger to reconsider this plugin or fix it to allow f2ps to not get kicked whenever the server nears full (all the time).

Thank you.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Though I understand where you're coming from, I think there must be prioritization in servers with heavy traffic and logically, in my opinion, the priority would be:
  1. Donors
  2. Regular Users
  3. Free-To-Plays
This opinion stems from what said users contribute to the game itself as well as the server and it shows why you should support the game and servers if it means that much to you.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
My opinion:
Why would a f2p player be treated less valuable than a premium player? There are more than enough f2p players that want to trade aswell. They are human like us, but they didn't pay for the game.. so what?
I've always disliked the plugin, even on other servers. They are being treated like 2nd class players, in my opinion a no-go. My belief is that we should welcome all players alike. And that means to treat them alike aswell.
The kicks should be selected by idle time if possible, with the exception of those who donated and those administrating the server.
+1

Bottiger

Administrator
This plugin was made when f2p players could not trade at all.

Apparently now they can only trade items that were given to them or tools (crates, tags, strange parts). This is a very small amount of items. F2P players will not be doing much trading except begging people for items.

The plugin will remain.

Reactions: Party Chocobo

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
@Mrdjdude I feel sorry for you coming here and making a suggestion that gathered some support but was denied, which is the owners right for obvious reasons.
However I will offer this one time arrangement with you: Add me on steam and I will buy you an Upgrade-to-Premium gift (https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Upgrade_to_Premium_Gift) so you can not be kicked so easily anymore.
Sadly that wont solve the problem for the other f2p's, but at least you were helped in some way. :blush:
Edit: It's here waiting for you (despite saying tradable in 1 week it's usable right now): http://steamcommunity.com/id/T-Wayne/inventory#440_2_4591627890

PS: For clarification, despite hated, nothing wrong in begging for items. It is not an offense mentioned in the rules, unless it's being spammed, which would make it, well spam. Mute via main menu if necessary.

Last edited:

Mrdjdude

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Mrdjdude I feel sorry for you coming here and making a suggestion that gathered some support but was denied, which is the owners right for obvious reasons.
However I will offer this one time arrangement with you: Add me on steam and I will buy you an Upgrade-to-Premium gift (https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Upgrade_to_Premium_Gift) so you can not be kicked so easily anymore.
Sadly that wont solve the problem for the other f2p's, but at least you were helped in some way. :blush:
Edit: It's here waiting for you (despite saying tradable in 1 week it's usable right now): http://steamcommunity.com/id/T-Wayne/inventory#440_2_4591627890

PS: For clarification, despite hated, nothing wrong in begging for items. It is not an offense mentioned in the rules, unless it's being spammed, which would make it, well spam. Mute via main menu if necessary.

Wow that is very very generous of you. Thank you so much! However, I have not put money into steam and I am unable to add people. Could you please add me? Sorry for the hassle. Thank you again!

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Wow that is very very generous of you. Thank you so much! However, I have not put money into steam and I am unable to add people. Could you please add me? Sorry for the hassle. Thank you again!
Of course. Right now I am at work, I will get back to you asap.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Apparently now they can only trade items that were given to them or tools (crates, tags, strange parts). This is a very small amount of items. F2P players will not be doing much trading except begging people for items.

The plugin will remain.
my man Butt Tiger COLD

Mrdjdude

Scarcely Lethal Noob

The plugin will remain.

I understand that the likelihood of f2ps actually trading items may be less than p2ps, but just to inform the f2ps I have seen in trade servers were not begging but actually trading. Also, although f2ps can only be trading items given to them, a lot of f2ps have items due to the fact their friends are willing to spare an item or two. I may not really like your decision but I understand why you have made this choice and accept it.

BBQ Prophet

Like I've already said, if it's worth that much to you to be an equal, try being an equal and supporting the game.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Like I've already said, if it's worth that much to you to be an equal, try being an equal and supporting the game.
Not everyone can do that. Some people are too young to make their own money or their parents decide against "wasting their allowence/money". I know I dealt with that when I was younger. Some people are on a VERY tight budget. Some people are just cheap, or smart, whatever you want to call it. I know it's just $5, but it's out of some peoples control, and that should not make them inequal. Thats a very narrow way of thinking when the game was made so free players can get weapons and be equal. All we have that are different, are hats. And for some reason the social system of tf2 thinks that free players are insignificant, even though there are many decent ones out there with many hours.

None of this pertains to the suggestion but for some reason I cant paste it in reply in unmod srry

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Where can we get more T-Wayne admins and less @Meowcenary (s)

Reactions: Defibyoulater

BBQ Prophet

Not everyone can do that. Some people are too young to make their own money or their parents decide against "wasting their allowence/money". I know I dealt with that when I was younger. Some people are on a VERY tight budget. Some people are just cheap, or smart, whatever you want to call it. I know it's just $5, but it's out of some peoples control, and that should not make them inequal. Thats a very narrow way of thinking when the game was made so free players can get weapons and be equal. All we have that are different, are hats. And for some reason the social system of tf2 thinks that free players are insignificant, even though there are many decent ones out there with many hours.

None of this pertains to the suggestion but for some reason I cant paste it in reply in unmod srry

I have been working since I was 11 years old. There are ways to get money. Plus, if you have a computer, electricity and internet access, I don't think you can pull that card. And there are sites like points2shop that will email you Steam Wallet Codes for completing offers, which is free (and I have used successfully). Anyone who is Free-to-Play is such by either choice or lack of effort/commitment.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Doesn't mean they have to be looked at like a second class citizen lol. Spending money on the game is a choice, correct, but it doesn't matter if someone does/doesn't make the choice.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I can see why Skial kicks F2Ps. It leaves more room for higher and bigger traders I guess. But I see people idle all the time on trade. Why do they get a pass while the F2P who wants to play/trade gets kicked? Seems a bit silly to me. Id more like to see the afk people go and id rather see F2Ps in that are atlest doing something. I kinda agree with what Blade said, it does kind feel like they are second class people just because they did not buy something form the mann-co store. It seems kinda stupid. But thanks @T-Wayne for showing care for the people in some form, its really great of you to do that. I would of done it, but valves fucked me over with trading so hard due to not owning a phone. But more power to you man.

BBQ Prophet

Doesn't mean they have to be looked at like a second class citizen lol. Spending money on the game is a choice, correct, but it doesn't matter if someone does/doesn't make the choice.
I'm not looking at them like second-class citizens. The term for reference is "Premium" indicating that they've earned an advanced status, not that free players are less.

Bottiger

Administrator
I really don't care whether you've paid Valve or not. Yes free2play players are second-class citizens when it comes to trading, but that was decided by Valve, not us.

Our trade servers fill up every day for long periods of time, and when you want to sell something, you don't want half the server only able to trade a few worthless items. These f2p players mostly end up begging for items instead of trading.

If you went on a trade server expecting to trade, and half the people were begging instead of trading, would you ever go back to that trade server? I wouldn't.

Afks get kicked on trade servers too. The primary purpose of the idle server is to get drops and lounge around and being f2p does not change that. That is why we don't kick f2p on the idle server.

Reactions: Defibyoulater