Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
The map is just a corridor map in general, and some exploits remain on the map. As well as the map not being updated to fix these exploits.

Also, what's the point of reporting people for doing this on a dead map when you can remove it from the rotation?

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
I even have a list of known exploits on this map, oh Boy

1. Not getting teleported to the minigames expolit(You can trigger this by hugging an exit door)
2. Dodge minigame exploit( you can trigger this by playing as Demoman and trimp jump on the TV)
3. 9 Square exploit( you can trigger this by standing on one of the edges in the 9 square mini game to survive)

AisultanUmar

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
-1 Great map even with the exploits.
honestly, the map isn't really that fun if i have to be honest
at least since most of the time we can't access the trump boss minigame or the fact that skial players tend to choose lasers and 9 squares too much
idk if it's only an issue on skial but, it's just not really fun

Dee Jay

Uncharitable Spy
honestly, the map isn't really that fun if i have to be honest
at least since most of the time we can't access the trump boss minigame or the fact that skial players tend to choose lasers and 9 squares too much
idk if it's only an issue on skial but, it's just not really fun
If you could access the trump boss minigame all the time it would most likely be picked every single time. The minigame is very long so people need to wait a long time, so it makes sense to have it unlocked and play it every once in a while.

The map itself feels unique as a corridor map, so that's mostly why I think I have fun playing on it.

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
-1, legendary map, and probably one of the greatest ones as activator, a role often neglected in more recent maps.
"the greatest ones as activator, a role often neglected in more recent maps."

Ok no offense, but the activator role in the trump tower map is the same as any DR map. Trump tower's only options for the activator is the dodge minigame and a freerun button.

Also, there is other maps that have better roles for the activator than trump tower

PQ (Activator can play all of the minigames which also includes boss )
Cyber Tower( Activator can choose the levels of which the runners have to face, also can choose if he wants to be in the minigame)
Playstation( Activator can fire a ray gun to stun the person fighting zurg )
Safety First (Activator can control a fucking bulldozer)

But you do have one point on the Activator role, it is more neglected in other maps a lot.

Reactions: worMatty

The Best Bast

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I even have a list of known exploits on this map, oh Boy

1. Not getting teleported to the minigames expolit(You can trigger this by hugging an exit door)
2. Dodge minigame exploit( you can trigger this by playing as Demoman and trimp jump on the TV)
3. 9 Square exploit( you can trigger this by standing on one of the edges in the 9 square mini game to survive)
Every single exploit on the list is a guaranteed ban every time it's reported. I'd like them to be fixed as well but Bunsy's done with the mode.

"the greatest ones as activator, a role often neglected in more recent maps."

Ok no offense, but the activator role in the trump tower map is the same as any DR map. Trump tower's only options for the activator is the dodge minigame and a freerun button.

Also, there is other maps that have better roles for the activator than trump tower

PQ (Activator can play all of the minigames which also includes boss )
Cyber Tower( Activator can choose the levels of which the runners have to face, also can choose if he wants to be in the minigame)
Playstation( Activator can fire a ray gun to stun the person fighting zurg )
Safety First (Activator can control a fucking bulldozer)

But you do have one point on the Activator role, it is more neglected in other maps a lot.
None taken. And I wasn't talking solely about minigames, I was mainly talking about traps. I don't know a lot of other maps that offer to an activator the visibility and the versatility that this map does. A capable Hale can be active on up to three portions of the map, can choose to trigger early traps later without being prone to rushers because the navigation is so good, and the map is very well-paced, mainly thanks to elevators. Maps on which you're forced to trigger traps linearly or else you're getting rushed by Scouts and Powerjack Pyros (the REAL corridor maps) are horribly underwhelming not to say boring, and there's an awful lot of these, including but not limited to some of those you quoted.

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
Every single exploit on the list is a guaranteed ban every time it's reported. I'd like them to be fixed as well but Bunsy's done with the mode.

None taken. And I wasn't talking solely about minigames, I was mainly talking about traps. I don't know a lot of other maps that offer to an activator the visibility and the versatility that this map does. A capable Hale can be active on up to three portions of the map, can choose to trigger early traps later without being prone to rushers because the navigation is so good, and the map is very well-paced, mainly thanks to elevators. Maps on which you're forced to trigger traps linearly or else you're getting rushed by Scouts and Powerjack Pyros (the REAL corridor maps) are horribly underwhelming not to say boring, and there's an awful lot of these, including but not limited to some of those you quoted.
Ok, that is fair i guess.

Reactions: worMatty

InfinityGene

Banned
Contributor

This map definitely gets voted for plenty of times from what I can see when playing (Even I nominate it alot too). In terms of the exploits, players should be aware of the rules if they ever connect onto a server, and ultimately it is their responsibility to have read them.

That's not to say however the map wouldn't benefit from being fixed since of course it would (Now I know Best Bast mentioned that the creator hasn't really been active anymore with the map, or the gamemode itself, so a fix would be at your discretion as long as you've tried to ask to edit it). One critical issue is when someone suicides deliberately when they reach the end, and nothing happens. Of course I would suggest players NOT to do that since it could be seen as griefing/exploiting (The barriers don't disappear after awhile at the end, essentially softlocking the map until Hale is voteslayed which fails alot, or they disconnect).

Overall, the map is still fun and I would not consider this as a "corridor" map, and definitely belongs in its own place (Maybe the Kim Jong Un trap could be lowered in volume since it's awfully loud compared to the other traps)