Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Here's another suggestion from me, this time regarding a Deathrun map. I am suggesting the removal of Pirate Adventure from the maplist for a number of reasons:

• The map itself is extremely long, and very parkour-heavy. I've never seen anyone get past the first couple of traps of the third stage, and there's a grand total of five long stages. The first two stages alone are already longer than many full Deathrun maps, and there's an enormous number of traps and false ends when it looks like you've made it.
  • As I said before, this map is very parkour-heavy. For example, there's a disappearing/reappearing block near the start of the map that can easily kill half the RED team due to its tricky timing, and because of the map's sheer length that leaves scores of people AFK for the round time limit, making it likely they'll leave.
  • Also, another thing: the map is far too long for the round time limit, as it's typically at three minutes or less by the time players even get to the end of the second stage with three more to go. It's common for Hale on this map to offer freerun as a result, and even then, again, I've never seen anyone get further than about the second trap of the third stage.
Because of all these factors, people leave the server in large numbers if it is selected, amplifying the problems further.

Now, I know that the map is popular and good fun for some, so feel free to defend it. I'm just saying that this map comes off as basically impossible for Hale to lose, which just isn't fun for either side.

Bottiger

Administrator
If people didn't like the map then it wouldn't be picked so often. I think there's room for 1 hard map on the server.