• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
1314585727256.jpg
Recently, there has been a great abundance of stacked/steamrolling teams on the servers. Pretty much every time I go into any server I have to !votescramble, which in my opinion is ridiculous. Even then the problem isn't resolved as either not enough players vote, or during the actual vote players spam keys for no reason as they are bound to the item switch(imo should be 4/5).
Now of course this problem does not exist on the rotation server, as teams are scrambled with every map change. Hell, if the server was actually mildly popular, I'd play on it more, but that's another story.

What I propose is that the server "restarts" the map, in a similar way to a map switch, when a score limit, 5-10 would be perfect, is reached. That way it keeps the players shuffled, preventing steam rolls or stacked teams to a certain degree. I'm not aware if that is possible, however I request that you look into implementing it Bottiger :)

Now I know this isn't the perfect solution, and not everyone will be happy. However friends who want to play on the same team can probably communicate that among themselves through steam chat or something. I'm aware donators can still switch teams regardless, however I trust the judgement of people who have given money for these servers, no not fuck it up. Also, people with 1k points will just have to suck it up I guess.

TL;DR stacked teams are for noobs who are too pussy to play in balanced ones, so restart the goddamn map.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
good luck finding a server that doesnt have stacked teams... they are everywhere... there really isnt a good way around it

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As I saw "steamrolls". I thought you meant the map itself. I kinda miss that map since it was so fun

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=795723

14 Sort Modes
  • 1 = Random
  • 2 = Scoreboard Scores
  • 3 = A ratio of score and connection time
  • 4 = Player kill/death ratios
  • 5 = Swap the top players on each team
  • 6 = Use GameMe rank
  • 7 = Use GameMe Skill
  • 8 = Use GameMe Global Rank
  • 9 = Use GameMe Global Skill
  • 10 = Use GameME session skill change
  • 11 = Use HlxCE Rank
  • 12 = Use HlxCE Skill
  • 13 = Sort players by player class
  • 14 = Plugin randomly chooses a mode from all the available

Might want to look in to gScramble if you don't already use it. Then set the scramble mode based on HlxCE. That will at least ensure that players who are saved in to the stats system as really good players will get distributed amongst each team properly. Just a thought...

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
Because we totally want Bombz's input onto how to run our servers.
It's either a good change or it isn't. I'm just telling you about it in case you didn't already know. Don't do it because I said to, do it to avoid stacked teams.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If that gets taken off donate perks, the only reason I'd donate is because I feel obligated to.
As awesome as these servers are, you shouldn't feel obligated. It would be appreciated, but not required. And besides, doesn't bottiger have the last say on the donator perks?

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
For all the hours of enjoyment we get out of the servers, it's only fair to donate.

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
If that gets taken off donate perks, the only reason I'd donate is because I feel obligated to.
I'm not saying it should be taken off, sure donators can stack or teams all they want. I would just think that because they paid, they would rather get a bit of enjoyment out of the servers.

My point still stands, just reset the goddamn map every 5-10 games.