Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
An aimbot can be set to trigger to as little as 1 degree from a target which is obviously gonna dodge SMAC, this is the type of hack "pro player" KQLY used in cs:go.

So is it possible for a realistic trade off of the current fov/reaction time settings to account for hackers trying to be clever with their settings? I'm not suggesting 1 degrees as it would probably cause false positives, but it still comes down to whether a shot was humanly impossible. So perhaps something like a minimum 15-20+ degrees repeated snap shots at <0.1s and then it flags for aimbot?

I've seen way too many cheaters in spec that anyone could tell you are aimbotting but SMAC isn't picking it up. If it's settings can be edited that could be somewhat fixed.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
If you reduce the snap angle too much just having a fast mouse sensitivity could trigger it...

This is a bad idea.

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
If you reduce the snap angle too much just having a fast mouse sensitivity could trigger it...

This is a bad idea.

I'm assuming it's looking for sudden movement that results in a kill, obviously not just snap moving on it's own. It would have to be repeated sudden snap moves with kills.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm assuming it's looking for sudden movement that results in a kill, obviously not just snap moving on it's own. It would have to be repeated sudden snap moves with kills.
it's common to get kills with snap movement by using muscle memory

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
it's common to get kills with snap movement by using muscle memory

That's why reaction time is part of how it works. No human on the planet can react faster than 1/10th of a second and the average is 1/5th. If you're getting sudden repeat kills from a resting viewpoint faster than a human could react then it's almost certainly an aimbot doing doing it. That's pretty much how SMAC already works, my suggestion is to just lower the deviation to allow for on screen players to count as well, because I honestly don't see the difference. Too fast is too fast, whether you saw them or not.

Bottiger

Administrator
I am not willing to randomly guess what settings would be appropriate and hope it doesn't ban anyone that got lucky.

Right now I can say for certain that anyone who got smac banned was cheating beyond a shadow of a doubt.

And most cheats that advertise smooth aiming makes changing this to any number useless.

Reactions: staticvoid