Roman

Banned
Contributor
Spending 30 minutes on dustbowl made me want to give myself an ethnic cleansing.

I hear how you guys talk to one another, and there's some playful player-hating, and then there's straight up "if I had your address I would go to your house and stab you to death" hatred.

I want to know how you guys feel about the latter, its impact on gameplay, and how extreme cases should be dealt with.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Although I may have been a part of this on extreme situations, I haven't gone as extreme as I have heard at times, though.
Anyone who has played with Stems will know exactly what Roman is talking about. It's actually disruptive to gameplay.

I think that if things do get out of hand, it should be grounds for mute, at the very least.

Reactions: wokmage

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, it looks like your 30 minutes on Da Bowl were action packed in general, going by the other thread. LOL

It's contextual, I think. Some people are obviously busting balls, other people need a reality check and a time out because it's just a game. I say warn (obviously), mute, and then tempted ban if they dodge and start up again. Go from there if they continue to be a problem.

D

DeadHerald

I doubt anyone would actually go and find someone and stab them to death. Multiplayer gaming isn't exactly the most fun thing in the world, sometimes. It can be extremely frustrating when you're doing poorly and sometimes people rub it in, which doesn't help. It also doesn't help that TF2 is pretty schizo about what constitutes good play, (Doesn't track team wins but does track K/D?) and that the game laughs and points fingers at you when you get dominated.

It's quite clear when the situation is out of hand. But mods should have the foresight to know the difference between an actual troublemaker and a frustrated player who is merely venting their anger. Just saying.

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
it's SUPPOSED to be cartoonish man, the game isn't picking on you

:harpdarp:

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would like a rule that states, "No excessive trash talking." Or something along those lines.
Aren't you affraid you're gonna get banned pretty fast? Cause I know I'm gonna get banned the same day this rule gets implemented, lol ;-)

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Aren't you affraid you're gonna get banned pretty fast? Cause I know I'm gonna get banned the same day this rule gets implemented, lol ;-)
If someone ever requests me to stop, I do. And there is a definite line between critiizing someone's play style and threatening to kill them in reality.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
ohyou.jpg

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
Spending 30 minutes on dustbowl made me want to give myself an ethnic cleansing.

I hear how you guys talk to one another, and there's some playful player-hating, and then there's straight up "if I had your address I would go to your house and stab you to death" hatred.

You should hear some of the stuff I say, it's way more creative and interesting. Care for me to share?

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
You should hear some of the stuff I say, it's way more creative and interesting. Care for me to share?

GIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMINGIBBEADMIN

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Oh noes, someone threatened you online. D.
Every time someone legitimately threatens you, whether physically or verbally, I take this as an opportunity to troll him. Although it is relatively easy to find out.
If he does actually know where you live, Mr. Glock and his 17 buddies would like a word with him.

Osprey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor

I want to know how you guys feel about the latter, its impact on gameplay, and how extreme cases should be dealt with.

Admins should always try to raise the level of maturity without ruining the fun. It's hard to balance but it can be done. I've seen CreepingDeath do it many times.