Meister

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I noticed as of late that the Flying Guillotine has been disabled on the tfcustom servers (i.e. SAXTON HALE, FREAK FORTRESS and DEATH RUN) due to the exploits outlined on a previous thread:

https://www.skial.com/threads/remove-flying-guillotine-from-death-run.67937/

I understand why the weapon is disabled for Death Run, but why is it also disabled for Saxton Hale and Freak Fortress? Is it possible to re-enable the weapon for the latter two game modes?

Doomie_TV

Contributor
This rather bothered be when I heard about the removal of the Guillotine as well. I used it all the time in VSH. It was my go-to secondary for doing any main Damage. for VSH its either get close and do dmg or get close and die. Its high risk 24/7. The guillotine fixed that. A solid, 150 crit hit with bleed. Normally, you'd need to get close to land a shot, or rather it would take skill to hit from a distance. Seeing as its banned in Death Run, that makes sense over the exploit. But we should at least try to keep it enabled in VSH/FF2

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Hm, i play VSH and other than a quick boost of damage with bleed, whats the main point of using the guillotine? I always thought Scout on VSH was better as an interruptor and using push/support items like F-a-N, Mad-Milk, and Sandman weapon were better than the guillotine. If you hit your shots then whats the point of using the guillotine? They have way more reliable secondaries but I do agree that it should be re-enabled as it was meant to only be banned from DR.

Reactions: Meister

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I think the guillotine was supposed to only be removed from Deathrun, I think @Bottiger accidently removed it from VSH too.

The Flying Guillotine only causes problems on Deathrun, it should be still enabled on VSH.

Meister

Hm, i play VSH and other than a quick boost of damage with bleed, whats the main point of using the guillotine? I always thought Scout on VSH was better as an interruptor and using push/support items like F-a-N, Mad-Milk, and Sandman weapon were better than the guillotine. If you hit your shots then whats the point of using the guillotine? They have way more reliable secondaries but I do agree that it should be re-enabled as it was meant to only be banned from DR.
The Scout has to be in a closer range to do higher damage with their primary weapon, but the issue with that is they'll also be in the range of Hale's rage. Whenever the Hale rages, they usually kill the scouts first. With the Flying Guillotine, Scouts are able to do even more damage to Hale, thus contributing more to the team and giving that class more of a fighting chance. It's also nice that the guillotine does not require ammo because it recharges over time.

Hiiglane

The Scout has to be in a closer range to do higher damage with their primary weapon, but the issue with that is they'll also be in the range of Hale's rage. Whenever the Hale rages, they usually kill the scouts first. With the Flying Guillotine, Scouts are able to do even more damage to Hale, thus contributing more to the team and giving that class more of a fighting chance. It's also nice that the guillotine does not require ammo because it recharges over time.

Yeah I get what you mean but I still find it works better when you go support scout as you become way more of a reliable class to your team and give your team way more survivability, you may be increasing damage output with guillotine but I've noticed when people realize hale is mad milked they go way more aggressive and try hitting more shots while the effect is on. Its fine anyway since VSH isn't supposed to be played seriously and if players want to use this weap they should be allowed to, obviously theres better picks but the game mode is about playing classes and seeing what you find fun even if its not the most effective way. I need to stop treating VSH so seriously * - *

Im completely aware that Support Scout isnt always played and there are other Scout classes others use to do just as much damage as other classes on hale, like Goomba Scouts or Crit Scout

Edit: I find Scout to be more based around annoying and disrupting hale while distracting, basically, Scout distracting hale gives other classes enough time to either: escape, backstab, or attack so whenever I look at Scout I always try to go with what helps that most: to me - the F-a-N/Mad Milk/Sandman which accomplishes what I find fun perfectly: Disrupting and moving hale to save classes/annoy the hale, healing team-mates so they can survive another hit or just regain some lost health, and stunning/BONKing Hale to allow another escape or temporarily disrupt hale from being able to stop players (Or the best: SAVING A MEDIC FROM HALE OH MY GOD THATS SO SATISFYING WITH THE SANDMAN)

Final Edit: Sorry, kept dodging the subject. Its just that I find the guillotine to be one of the least useful secondaries. Winger - Allows you to escape or goomba hale easier with some okay damage output/ Mad Milk - Support works wonders for saving classes/ Pistol- Okay not the worst option good damage out put but why would you use this? / Bonk- Honestly, this one isnt even really useful/ Crit - Way better for damage output / Pretty Boy- I think this may be the worst one you could be using though.

Last edited:

Hiiglane

Reasoning: It forces people (scouts) to find other playstyles.

Players shouldnt be forced to try other playstyles because of a mistake like the cleaver being removed from VSH, if players want to try other playstyles they should do it on their own free will rather than something like this. VSH is a non-serious game mode, nobodys gonna want to play a gamemode where they only allow Mad Milk/Fan/Sandman scouts and demoknights only.

White Moose

Positively Inhumane Poster
Players shouldnt be forced to try other playstyles because of a mistake like the cleaver being removed from VSH, if players want to try other playstyles they should do it on their own free will rather than something like this. VSH is a non-serious game mode, nobodys gonna want to play a gamemode where they only allow Mad Milk/Fan/Sandman scouts and demoknights only.
Perhaps vsh has gotten too serious for me. I've spent soo much time I've forgoten how casually the gamemode was intended to be.
Fine, you I'll give you that. I would change my past post if I could, I support the re adding of the cleaver and double down on it by saying that their reasoning is cohesive and understandable and should fully be taken into consideration.

Hiiglane

Perhaps vsh has gotten too serious for me. I've spent soo much time I've forgoten how casually the gamemode was intended to be.
Fine, you I'll give you that. I would change my past post if I could, I support the re adding of the cleaver and double down on it by saying that their reasoning is cohesive and understandable and should fully be taken into consideration.
Its completely fine, earlier I was dumping on the Cleaver for being a bad (okay not the best) secondary pick but then I remembered: Who cares? These players dont care about that, they enjoy the cleaver and they damn well should be allowed to use it. Lets be serious sometimes we take things way too seriously.