Mankind

Mildly Menacing Medic
SOMEONE IS OFFERING ME $150 USD for my Unusual Tipplers Tricorne with Blizzardy Storm should i accept his offer?

Maxrules25

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Don't take his offer. It's a great offer and he's overpaying by about $90. Probably trying to scam you though.

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Does he have lots of rep? Has he made many purchases with Paypal before?

The hat should be around 2-2.5 buds so that offer seems a bit fishy.

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
The guy sounds like he's trying to scam you, I personally wouldn't do it even if he had a clean rep.

Maxrules25

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Especially with cash, he's going to try for you to go first and give the item, and then remove you, not paying you

Mankind

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yeah he is asking for the item first, and also being REALLY fast about it, pretty pushy.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Screenshot the chat and link his page and steamrep. We might be able to get him for attempted Scamming.

sov

Legendary Skial King
even good traders go wrong, fishy, I wouldn't do this. A friend of mine got scammed a $100 recently and the guy was clean everywhere ecept SteamRep. His rep is ok, still wouldn't.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Check his 170 hours on TF2. He's had 70 in the last 2 weeks... don't do that trade. <.>

Mankind

Mildly Menacing Medic
Okay so IF i were to get scammed (haven't done the trade yet) if i got screenshots/recordings would i get my item back? If i were to get payed in Paypal

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Okay so IF i were to get scammed (haven't done the trade yet) if i got screenshots/recordings would i get my item back? If i were to get payed in Paypal

Nope, Valve doesn't support paypal trading and wouldn't do shit, he'd have to give the item back of his own volition (which wouldn't happen.)

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Well I did.. but 99% chance you will not get it back, he will just be marked as a scammer. Sadly I know paypal's policy with scamming. If you send it as a gift, you can't get it back through paypal. Depending on the money you lose you might be able to charge them with a federal crime, but since you are doing this aware that you could be losing your money, and that you are actually trading a hat and not money... no you won't get anything back.