Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Hi all, I've had this problem since I started playing TF2 and I'm hoping someone here can help me out. This happens once in a while on it's own, and invariably if I check more than 1 or 2 server's info in a short period of time. The problem fixes itself if I restart Steam and TF2 a few times (might also be a time thing, haven't tested that).
Symptoms:
server list stops populating
can't get any info about the servers I do see
can't join any servers; stuck on 2 bars in the status meter

It feels like I have a limited number of connections I can make in a row or something, and then it locks me out completely. Any ideas would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The same shit was happening to me when I had PeerBlock running. Are you sure you don't have any type of firewall/filtering software running?

WITH PeerBlock running:

echRE.jpg

WITHOUT PeerBlock running:

w84PE.jpg

Also, if you explained what do you mean by "server browsing" (screenshots would've been appreciated) I think it would've been better.

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I've tried with windows and router firewall off, but I'm not positive my router doesn't have more built-in security that I can't turn off. I will try bypassing it when I get home tonight. Should have before I posted here.