Toxik

Contributor
I was just wondering, I know a lot of people here are underage, but it doesn't mean you don't have an opinion on it. Here in Washington, people are going to vote for it soon.

Are you for or against prop. 502? Why?

For people who don't know, prop 502 is to somewhat legalize marijuana use in some states.

Reactions: ViperStriker2011

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
Even though i cannot vote, I think i'd have to say No..

Medical Marijauna has already been legalized and it seems with the highly regulated rules of 502, it'd be somewhat stupid, you could only have a very very small amount and it'd be sold in State-run facilities..

I think if they do legalize it completely they should do it to the likeness of ciggarettes

Toxik

Contributor

Medical Marijauna has already been legalized and it seems with the highly regulated rules of 502, it'd be somewhat stupid, you could only have a very very small amount and it'd be sold in State-run facilities..

I think if they do legalize it completely they should do it to the likeness of ciggarettes
I agree, at first I was very surprised when pro-legalization people were doing everything against the prop, but I understand, I mean people using medical marijuana would be reduced from buying 15 grams to 1 gram, and the taxes everyone would pay on it would be ridiculous. Basically, I think the government was like "Oh, you want us to legalize it? We'll fucking legalize it. Here, have one fucking gram and pay us hell for it. Happy now?"

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
I agree, at first I was very surprised when pro-legalization people were doing everything against the prop, but I understand, I mean people using medical marijuana would be reduced from buying 15 grams to 1 gram, and the taxes everyone would pay on it would be ridiculous. Basically, I think the government was like "Oh, you want us to legalize it? We'll fucking legalize it. Here, have one fucking gram and pay us hell for it. Happy now?"
Sort of how cigerretes are, in the state I live, $3.40 per pack of cigs is tax, they know people will buy them, so they don't care. All they want is money

Toxik

Contributor
Sort of how cigerretes are, in the state I live, $3.40 per pack of cigs is tax, they know people will buy them, so they don't care. All they want is money
Lol as I just learned in microeconomics class, cigarettes are an "inelastic good", meaning since people are addicted to it, they'll still buy them no matter how much the price goes up, with limits of course
I think weed is somewhat the same but still different. Weed isn't as addictive, per say, and people have other ways of getting it, while cigarettes, well unless you import them illegally, it's hard to make it yourself.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King

You gotta start somewhere.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
There is lobbying in the UK by a 'pressure group' to legalise growing of said plants, but to keep sale of said substance illegal, basicaly growing for personal use.. thing is they are lobbying to make teh law to be able to grow 9 plants, which is really excessive by any stretch of the imagination.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The drug war does nothing but waste $billions and throw innocent, hard-working people in jail for absolutely no reason.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The drug war does nothing but waste $billions and throw innocent, hard-working people in jail for absolutely no reason.
i don't think this is going to fuel the drug war matey
if anything it'll douse it, as recreational users will naturally buy from the licensed sellers instead of the gangs just because it's safer

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Must be NY

I try to head to PA to get them half price.

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
effects_alcohol_vs_marijuana.jpg

I'm all for people to be able to make their own decisions to use cannabis without government intervention but that pants-on-head retarded graphic is not helping your case.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm all for people to be able to make their own decisions to use cannabis without government intervention but that pants-on-head retarded graphic is not helping your case.
still, if you take it with a pinch of salt, alcohol is still worse than maruijana (arguably) and is legal
i mean, alcohol kills roughly 2.5 million a year and causes a shitload of crashes and fights
not saying maruijana is fine and dandy, but statistically it's safer

P Lash

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I really have trouble believing in the cause of legalization of marijuana whenever I see the legions of people on the Internet who loudly blare on about how weed is the solution to everything in the universe.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I really have trouble believing in the cause of legalization of marijuana whenever I see the legions of people on the Internet who loudly blare on about how weed is the solution to everything in the universe.
Bandwagon morons can make anything decent look bad. "LOL TF2 BEST GAME EVER CUZ THE SPY SLEEPS WITH SCOUTS MOM AND THE PYRO IS A BRONY!"
I'm not for or against the legalization of marijuana since I don't intend to smoke it either way, but I can say for certain that if you're using the people defending it as justification for being against it, you're not being much more reasonable than the people screaming about how great it is.