staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hello nerds of Skial. I am having an issue with my Razer Blacksharks and I'm wondering if any of you know the answer/solution to it. The problem is not within the headset itself, but in the ways it connects to the computer. You see, the headset's main wire is connected to another wire, which splits the connections between headset and microphone. However, these connections are no longer happening for some reason. I can plug the main wire from the headset into the computer, and receive audio, just fine, but I find that if I rotate the end around the port, it starts to lose connection and sometimes lose audio completely.

Because of this, I am certain it is the metal bit, whatever that is called, on the end. However, what has me curious is that the end is not bent, it is not cracked, it is not scratched, etc. It has no visual problems with it, and I do not know why it cannot make a solid connection to the ports. And the connection gets worse when you connect it to the audio splitter. You can still receive audio, but the mic becomes a constant static and will make popping noise, as if it's trying to make the connection but can't. Because of this I have been unable to use my microphone on this headset for the past couple of weeks.

Basically I want to know if there is anything I can do to fix/repair the connections, and before you suggest it is the port, I can say that I have fully tested an older headset of mine, and it worked just fine on the same connections.

Thanks

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Many reviews for that product online list the mic line shorting out as a common concurrence.

Me personally I have owned 3 Razer headsets and will never buy one again. I find the higher end Logitec to be far superior.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Disregard what I said in the OP. I believe I know what the problem is now. The Razer Blacksharks come with a detachable microphone piece, and I believe the connection error really lies there as well as in the jack itself.

So I basically have two broken things, the microphone only connects when pushing it really hard into the headset, and the audio can be choppy if the audio jack is rotated slightly.

Wonderful, just wonderful. At least these things should be under warranty.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I might also add that a lot of people have issues with Razer headsets in general (not this particular type only.) I think I went through about 3 carcharias headsets in the span of about 4 months before I said fuck it and went with my plantronics that I've stuck with for years now.

Razer makes quality mice, I would sell you the deathadder all day everyday, but stay away from the headsets/keyboards and you'll be happier for it.