Do you like?

• Total voters

KandiPower

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hopefully answering some questions by posting this:

What's the point: Well, me and my firnds think of it as a way to express creativity through movement and music, a bit like dancing but none of us wanted to take the time to learn to breakdance. My friends are kinda lazy ._.

Raves: Ok, ok most raves are filled with stoners and intoxicated braindead morons. But does that justify the whole community? Not even close. I know ravers who never been stoned, drunked or done any type of drugs in they're life. Don't judge a scene by a few idiots that do stupid things.

Drugs and Alcohol: Yes, a lot of raves that have drugs or alcohol on the premises, BUT it's easy to find those that kick out intoxicated people at the door and check bags before entering. Some do have a bar but it will be on a upper level of the buidling that only adults are allowed into and once your in you have to pass a breathalizer test to get out.

Not trying to be rude just trying to clear up some misconceptions that i've seen posted in this thread.

It's my hobby you don't have to like it, but you wouldn't judge a book by it's cover, don't judge a scene by a few idiots.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sober ravers? Kicking out people on drugs?

Well I've lost all interest in raves now...

KandiPower

Sober ravers? Kicking out people on drugs?

Well I've lost all interest in raves now...
Not all but some raves do now XD
It takes away a bit of the fun but if you don't like all the stoners like the people i've seen posting here then I guess it'd be a good scene for them.
I'd rather go to a normal rave any day.

KandiPower

seems super difficult to move your hands around
It is. Your fingers don't natuarlly move like that so you have to condition them to do so. If practice just put your fingers out one at time with your hands next to each other then slowly put them back in, you should be able to do a finger roll. Once you learn it slowly you can speed it up.

Pat

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is. Your fingers don't natuarlly move like that so you have to condition them to do so. If practice just put your fingers out one at time with your hands next to each other then slowly put them back in, you should be able to do a finger roll. Once you learn it slowly you can speed it up.
huh i guess, sorry i just wasnt too interested

Mathias

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Are you the same group of weirdos that go around dressing up like animals, humping each others legs?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hopefully answering some questions by posting this:

What's the point: Well, me and my firnds think of it as a way to express creativity through movement and music, a bit like dancing but none of us wanted to take the time to learn to breakdance. My friends are kinda lazy ._.

Raves: Ok, ok most raves are filled with stoners and intoxicated braindead morons. But does that justify the whole community? Not even close. I know ravers who never been stoned, drunked or done any type of drugs in they're life. Don't judge a scene by a few idiots that do stupid things.

Drugs and Alcohol: Yes, a lot of raves that have drugs or alcohol on the premises, BUT it's easy to find those that kick out intoxicated people at the door and check bags before entering. Some do have a bar but it will be on a upper level of the buidling that only adults are allowed into and once your in you have to pass a breathalizer test to get out.

Not trying to be rude just trying to clear up some misconceptions that i've seen posted in this thread.

It's my hobby you don't have to like it, but you wouldn't judge a book by it's cover, don't judge a scene by a few idiots.
Duuude, it's not a rave without everyone being loved up... anything else is just a dance club for kids.

No alchohol or drugs on a rave? That doesn't sound fun at all.

With those restrictions, then I would rather go to bingo with a few elderly people and have a more fun evening than that rave. Come on, you are on a rave to get drunk, get high and forget your name while dancing without any coordination to shitty music while trying to get laid.

KandiPower

Duuude, it's not a rave without everyone being loved up... anything else is just a dance club for kids.

No alchohol or drugs on a rave? That doesn't sound fun at all.

With those restrictions, then I would rather go to bingo with a few elderly people and have a more fun evening than that rave. Come on, you are on a rave to get drunk, get high and forget your name while dancing without any coordination to shitty music while trying to get laid.

Like I told mittens SOME not all. I would rather go to a normal rave any day. There's still more drug induced raves out there than controlled ones.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Like I told mittens SOME not all. I would rather go to a normal rave any day. There's still more drug induced raves out there than controlled ones.

Its an age old tradition anyway, tribal dance around a flickering fire to a beating drum, take some amanita muscaria, work up to a frenzy, reach a transcendental state, be one with everyone around you...
Its just the same as it's always been but with new technology.
Why they have to try and control it, is the bit I do not understand.. perhaps its because of organised crime and idiots selling ketamine and smack.

KandiPower

Its an age old tradition anyway, tribal dance around a flickering fire to a beating drum, take some amanita muscaria, work up to a frenzy, reach a transcendental state, be one with everyone around you...
Its just the same as it's always been but with new technology.
Why they have to try and control it, is the bit I do not understand.. perhaps its because of organised crime and idiots selling ketamine and smack.
Because officials who don't understand it feel like it's a threat. Just like anything else they don't understand or see fit for the 'Public Eye'