Swampert/Kippy (level 67)
Gallade/Gally (level 62)
Gardevoir/Gardy (level 63)
Crobat/Batty (level 66)
Flygon/Trappy (level 63)
Aerodactyl/Aero (level 62)

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
How can people play Pokemon? I always thought it was so boring.
My question is how people have the patience to breed for natures and IV's and stuff. I don't even know what those things are, I just catch Pokemon and use them if I like their appearance and type.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mine only have the right moves I'm not gonna do the rest of that stuff, might Super Train but that's it.
I'm going to breed them to have the right nature and egg moves (such as sableye with recover) and then EV train them. Make 'em perfect!

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My question is how people have the patience to breed for natures and IV's and stuff. I don't even know what those things are, I just catch Pokemon and use them if I like their appearance and type.
I will never breed for IVs. That shit is bananas.

However, breeding for natures and moves is actually quite easy, and a relaxing thing to do while listening to music.

IVs: Individual Values. Each pokemon has 0-6 IVS, and the more the pokemon has the better their stats are.

EVs: Effort Values. Each pokemon has 510 total EVs to use, and they can be spread across stats. Each stat has a cap of 253 EVS that can be used on it. The easy way to raise EVs is through super training. Most good trainers will EV train to focus on maxing 2 stats. In my mega sableyes case I am working on HP and Sp.Def.

Egg Moves: Moves that can only be passed down from a certain parent pokemon that the baby would not learn normally. If you breed a Sableye with a Kadabra who knows recover, Sableye can learn it.

Last edited:

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I will never breed for IVs. That shit is bananas.

However, breeding for natures and moves is actually quite easy, and a relaxing thing to do while listening to music.
i only breed for shinies, and most likely you get the nature you want, since you're able to get that nature again with the everstone, making egg move easier with the right nature. That how i got a protean modest greninja.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Thanks to @Cr33p3rfreex 's friend safari, I caught my first non-event shiny! It's a Wartortle, which is awesome, as the Squirtle line is my favorite evolutionary line. So new plan for ORAS is to use Swampert until about level 30ish, then switch him out for my shiny Wartortle named Nemmin. :D

Reactions: Chance

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I haven't been able to play much Pokemon this past week my team isn't as good as I wanted, but right now I just beat Wally *who has really good music I must add* and here are my Pokemon.

Sceptile/Avenger lvl.50
Pelipper/Pepper lvl.50
Metagross *still need to rename* lvl.50
Camerupt/George lvl.50
Muk/Grima lvl.50

Before I fight the Elite Four I am probably going to grind until my team is at lvl.60 but that depends on what levels the Elite Four's Pokemon are at, I will check.
Muk is named Grima because it was a Grimer when I caught it and I did it for teh lulz. Name doesn't work anymore. ;c

Thanks to @Cr33p3rfreex 's friend safari, I caught my first non-event shiny! It's a Wartortle, which is awesome, as the Squirtle line is my favorite evolutionary line. So new plan for ORAS is to use Swampert until about level 30ish, then switch him out for my shiny Wartortle named Nemmin. :D
;>

Reactions: Avenger

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I haven't been able to play much Pokemon this past week my team isn't as good as I wanted, but right now I just beat Wally *who has really good music I must add* and here are my Pokemon.

Sceptile/Avenger lvl.50
Pelipper/Pepper lvl.50
Metagross *still need to rename* lvl.50
Camerupt/George lvl.50
Muk/Grima lvl.50

Before I fight the Elite Four I am probably going to grind until my team is at lvl.60 but that depends on what levels the Elite Four's Pokemon are at, I will check.
Muk is named Grima because it was a Grimer when I caught it and I did it for teh lulz. Name doesn't work anymore. ;c

;>
Sidney's Pokemon level 50-52
Phoebe's Pokemon level 51-53
Glacia's Pokemon level 52-54
Drake's Pokemon level 53-55
Steven's Pokemon level 57-59

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
IVs: Individual Values. Each pokemon has 0-6 IVS, and the more the pokemon has the better their stats are.
Teensy correction. All Pokemon have between 0-31 IVs for each of their 6 stats. 31 IVs in a stat is a "perfect IV" but it's sort of difficult to check manually. In the DexNav if you find the "Potential" thingy with the stars shows how many, if any, perfect IVs the Pokemon has.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I just remembered someone owes me money from a few months back to the tune of what a 2DS costs.
Aside from version exclusives and the teams changing, is there any differences between the OR and AS?

How can people play Pokemon? I always thought it was so boring.
The hype is too strong.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I just remembered someone owes me money from a few months back to the tune of what a 2DS costs.
Aside from version exclusives and the teams changing, is there any differences between the OR and AS?
That's basically all the differences. You're able to get all megas stone doesn't matter what version it is.

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Starting off on my epic quest in a minute, gotta find a charger for this 3DS and I'm off!