Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Heavy slam is a steel type move.
Yeah, but on a slow pokemon. You need someone like Bisharp who's also immune to psychic type moves, and takes only normal damage from fairy types, because it's part steel.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
It's like you think Gardevoir's a grass type. Blaziken (even mega evolved) is a Fire-Fighting, I have stored power in my arsenal which is also super effective since it's a fighting type, as long as I calm mind while you're asleep, stored power will keep rising, Blaziken doesn't have the ability early bird, even when mega-evolving so I got ya there as well bud : )
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gardevoir_(Pokémon)
Garevoir's weaknesses are ghost, steel and poison

Furthermore, can't do much when your Pokemon's asleep and that's the key part to the strategy. Also, might not even Mega Evolve, Gardevoir's ability is trace which'll just snag that speed boost right off ya.
Uhhh any Blaziken you fight unless you're playing by certain competitive restrictions is going to have the Speed Boost ability. They generally tend to have Protect as one of their moves to make sure they can get at least one boost. Blaziken and Gardevoir both have the same base speed, and their mega-evolutions tie speed tiers as well. Any Blaziken will have its speed maxed out at either 284 or 328 (for Mega- Blaziken). On the other hand, Gardevoir tends to either run speed or special attack boosting natures, favoring special attack. So its speed can range anywhere from 259-299, and again 284-328.

Basically, while Blaziken and Gardevoir tie, Blaziken runs speed boosting natures, has a speed boosting ability, and has a move to ensure it boosts its speed at least once. In order for your strategy to work, you'll have to have a Gardevoir that has a speed boosting nature or a Choice Scarf (and hope that the Blaziken doesn't) or Trace his ability and on top of that, pray that you win the 50-50 speed tie. And if you win your speed tie, you're relying on the 60% accuracy of Hypnosis. From there, you'd need at least 2 uses of Calm Mind to ensure that you'd be able to kill Blaziken in one hit with Stored Power.

Blaziken, on the other hand will knock off anywhere from 70% to 85% of your health with one Blaze Kick, without any boosts to its attack, and without mega evolving. If Blaziken is in its mega form, Blaze Kick will take off about 85%-99% of Gardevoir's health. Again, without any extra attack boosts or items. Even if you don't mega evolve and Trace the ability, then all the Blaziken has to do is mega evolve. You'll both keep increasing in speed, but M-Blaziken will still be faster than you, and if you mega evolve after that, M-Gardevoir will change ability and you'll no longer be able to speed tie to save you and you'll lose.

Your strategy is flawed because Blaziken and M-Blaziken is too fast, hits too hard, and you're using a squishy Pokemon relying on Hypnosis. You can utilize your Gardevoir better (but even then, Blaziken is too much of a problem unless your Gardevoir is boosted beforehand). Also, this is based on Blaziken using Blaze Kick, when in a actual match, any Blaziken would just smack you with Flare Blitz which is a guaranteed KO no matter what. Even if you had a defensive nature, and maxed your defense and HP, a Blaziken, mega or not, will kill a Gardevoir in 2 hits.

Pokemon is really cereal for me I'm sorry :c

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Uhhh any Blaziken you fight unless you're playing by certain competitive restrictions is going to have the Speed Boost ability. They generally tend to have Protect as one of their moves to make sure they can get at least one boost. Blaziken and Gardevoir both have the same base speed, and their mega-evolutions tie speed tiers as well. Any Blaziken will have its speed maxed out at either 284 or 328 (for Mega- Blaziken). On the other hand, Gardevoir tends to either run speed or special attack boosting natures, favoring special attack. So its speed can range anywhere from 259-299, and again 284-328.

Basically, while Blaziken and Gardevoir tie, Blaziken runs speed boosting natures, has a speed boosting ability, and has a move to ensure it boosts its speed at least once. In order for your strategy to work, you'll have to have a Gardevoir that has a speed boosting nature or a Choice Scarf (and hope that the Blaziken doesn't) or Trace his ability and on top of that, pray that you win the 50-50 speed tie. And if you win your speed tie, you're relying on the 60% accuracy of Hypnosis. From there, you'd need at least 2 uses of Calm Mind to ensure that you'd be able to kill Blaziken in one hit with Stored Power.

Blaziken, on the other hand will knock off anywhere from 70% to 85% of your health with one Blaze Kick, without any boosts to its attack, and without mega evolving. If Blaziken is in its mega form, Blaze Kick will take off about 85%-99% of Gardevoir's health. Again, without any extra attack boosts or items. Even if you don't mega evolve and Trace the ability, then all the Blaziken has to do is mega evolve. You'll both keep increasing in speed, but M-Blaziken will still be faster than you, and if you mega evolve after that, M-Gardevoir will change ability and you'll no longer be able to speed tie to save you and you'll lose.

Your strategy is flawed because Blaziken and M-Blaziken is too fast, hits too hard, and you're using a squishy Pokemon relying on Hypnosis. You can utilize your Gardevoir better (but even then, Blaziken is too much of a problem unless your Gardevoir is boosted beforehand). Also, this is based on Blaziken using Blaze Kick, when in a actual match, any Blaziken would just smack you with Flare Blitz which is a guaranteed KO no matter what. Even if you had a defensive nature, and maxed your defense and HP, a Blaziken, mega or not, will kill a Gardevoir in 2 hits.

lol, nothing to be sorry for but yes, Blaziken does have an advantage in speed but be it mega evolved or regular blaziken, it won't take out my Gardevoir in 1 turn, I'm playing a do-or-die style here so if Hypnosis doesn't make it's mark, then I lose otherwise the battle is mine

This is not in any way connected to the Blaziken vs Gardevoir thing but
http://www.ibtimes.com/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-find-mega-stone-locations-here-1728219

Shows the location of every mega stone, the kanto starters' mega stones aren't available on Route 114 from the Salesman, they are available else where

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
lol, nothing to be sorry for but yes, Blaziken does have an advantage in speed but be it mega evolved or regular blaziken, it won't take out my Gardevoir in 1 turn, I'm playing a do-or-die style here so if Hypnosis doesn't make it's mark, then I lose otherwise the battle is mine
If both are fresh off the bench you have a chance, especially if he's using Blaze Kick. If you're rolling the dice and Blaziken, for whatever reason, decides not to boost, and is using Flare Blitz, then it'll be a nail biter. If he wins, you lose (and in 1 turn). If you win, you still have to hope you don't miss.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Holy shit I wasn't going to research this situation hardcore but that didn't stop you. I feel kind of guilty now.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I love when people argue about pokemon for some reason.
It's so fun to read up both people's counters and arguments.
Still, Gardevoir can't do shit to my Sp.Def centered Mega-Sableye. Fairy is it's only weakness, and any fairy attack you throw at it, it will eat up.
Hell, I even got a good nature on my Sableye.

EDIT: I like how I just OH-KO'd Matt's Sharpedo at Mt.Pyre and he said it was fun.

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Disregarding this competition between who can take out my Gardy, d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶e̶r̶o̶d̶a̶c̶t̶y̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶O̶m̶e̶g̶a̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶y̶?̶

Figured out it's location, setting up a non-legendary team is fun, if I combat with people, I won't fight any legendaries, I like a fair fight, legendaries are just too powerful.

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Disregarding this competition between who can take out my Gardy, d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶e̶r̶o̶d̶a̶c̶t̶y̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶O̶m̶e̶g̶a̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶y̶?̶

Figured out it's location, setting up a non-legendary team is fun, if I combat with people, I won't fight any legendaries, I like a fair fight, legendaries are just too powerful.
Thing is that they aren't always much stronger than other Pokemon, especially if the Pokemon are in Ubers.

But yeah only nerds use legendaries in a team.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thing is that they aren't always much stronger than other Pokemon, especially if the Pokemon are in Ubers.

But yeah only nerds use legendaries in a team.
I could see some select few legendaries I wouldn't mind battling with, any legendary that doesn't have a signature move really, the following below would be fine opponents
  • Articuno
  • Moltres
  • Zapdos
  • Suicune
  • Entei
  • Raikou
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Azelf
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Manaphy
  • Phione
  • Meloetta

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I could see some select few legendaries I wouldn't mind battling with, any legendary that doesn't have a signature move really, the following below would be fine opponents

• Articuno
    Moltres
    Zapdos
    Suicune
    Entei
    Raikou
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Manaphy
    Phione
    Meloetta
Meloetta has signature moves tho.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

• Articuno
    Moltres
    Zapdos
    Suicune
    Entei
    Raikou
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Azelf
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Manaphy
    Phione
    Meloetta
I also don't mind fighting the "main" legendaries of the games, they aren't really much of a challenge to beat when they still have the type disadvantages. Could be different when fighting them online as the trainer will likely be smart enough to swap it out and not let it faint so easy.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I also don't mind fighting the "main" legendaries of the games, they aren't really much of a challenge to beat when they still have the type disadvantages. Could be different when fighting them online as the trainer will likely be smart enough to swap it out and not let it faint so easy.
Have you seen people online with uber teams?
Literal garbage.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I do, the fact that you can't control primal evolution, the exceedingly large powers of signature moves, the remarkably high stats. That's something I don't want to combat against.

That aside...fuck! I didn't think Dragon Ascend would 1-HIT KO Deoxys, gg life's over
Sorry for the Sroyiler, heh heh, Sroyiler.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I do, the fact that you can't control primal evolution, the exceedingly large powers of signature moves, the remarkably high stats. That's something I don't want to combat against.

That aside...fuck! I didn't think Dragon Ascend would 1-HIT KO Deoxys, gg life's over
It's not a spoiler.
You should ALWAYS save and reset to catch legendaries, silly.
Also, my team is almost the same level as yours was at the elite four after the 6th gym.
How did you manage to stay so low lol.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I'm trying to be a manly man and catch Deoxys and Rayquaza with ultra balls. Considering that you have to catch Rayquaza immediately before without saving and that Deoxys knows recover makes this very difficult.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm trying to be a manly man and catch Deoxys and Rayquaza with ultra balls. Considering that you have to catch Rayquaza immediately before without saving and that Deoxys knows recover makes this very difficult.
Oh snap, you can't save, huh?
That makes things difficult. I just arrived in sootopolis. Slow Sroe 64.