sunstep

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Link to the plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=909778

It's a very simple plugin that filters things in the chat like:
  • [TF2] (Voice): (Voice) xxx: MEDIC! (Spy!, Incoming, Help!)
  • [TF2] Change class: *You will respawn as Medic or *You will spawn as Medic
  • [TF2] Arena max streak: Team BLU reached 3 wins! Teams are now being scrambled.
  • [TF2] Arena team resize: Team size is increasing/decreasing to 3 to accommodate the current player count.
  • Server cvar change: Server cvar 'sv_tags' changed to alltalk,increased_maxplayers,payload
  • Connect: Player xxx has joined the game
  • Disconnect: Player xxx has left the game
  • Team change: Player xxx has joined team RED

It's customizable what you want to filter, the convars can be found on the page where you can get the plugin

i requested this plugin because voice commands are used a lot like spy, incomming, help, Go, Go, Go, Move up etc it takes less than a second before normal text in chat disappears.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
I think this could be a neat little plugin that would make reading people's chat messages a lot easier without having to scroll through an onslaught of MEDIC! and Spy! Would this apply to all of the servers?

+1 either way.

Reactions: sunstep

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1

I would like to keep the connect/disconnect messages enabled, only very rarely do multiples of these messages clog up chat, otherwise they're usually more useful more than not.
Maybe with this plugin, we could also reduce/remove voice command cooldowns, too :dolan:

Reactions: sunstep

sunstep

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
as i said, it's customizable skial can change what to filter by changing the convars. alternatively they can always use the connect announce plugin if it wasn't customizable

soos

TF2 Admin
+1 sure, sounds fine to me, would have to make slight changes for admins tho, but for the general public it seems handy